CD to Mp3

Shazz

I typed cd to mp3 in google and was floored by all the software products.

I just want a simple program that will burn my cd's into mp3's. And even with Windows Media Edition (which is installed on my computer) tells me that I need to buy a mp3 encoder... :bang:

I have reached my limited limits with media edition.

Anywho....what program do you peeps recommend?

Or I am headed to bestbuy and buying something I probably don't need.

Exact Audio Copy. Best. Ripper. Ever.

(same as SJ's post)

This thing will rip audio off scuffed discs and make it sound like a brand new CD. I also recommend it for making copies of discs, just rip into a Cue-Sheets image (i.e. don't compress as MP3) and burn with anything you want. Lossless transfer keeping everything including the gaps (or lack thereof) between tracks.

ok, so EAC is the defacto ripper (to .wav). what you do with it from there is your business. some will argue FLAC, but that's an enormous amount of space. for example, an mp3 is 4mb (192kbps), the FLAC of the same song would be about 45mb. that's PER SONG.

my happy place is 320kbps (--alt --preset-insane) with LAME for mp3's. some people have a hard time telling the difference on 192. imo, 128 is noticeably "tinny." but again, it's your business.

it's all in the guide, baby.

Acoustica mp3 to wav converter. It converts both ways. When you install it it puts it in your right click windows options and all you do is right click the song and choose your conversion. Badaboom Badabing. :lol2:

Hey Shazzz, if you want the program just pm me and I'll send it to you along with the little helper file. ;)

Wow...that ubernet program worked great. The walkthrough was a must for my newbish mind. :)

Very Very much appreciated!!

btw...primus...2 programs are even better. :D