Big TV...

Tek-Almighty

In two weeks, my wife and I are moving to new house. New home does not have room for our TV. TV was purchased to build (a kick a**...I must say) home theater. So it is great for DVD movies. It will also do well with HDTV content, if you have digi cable/satellite and a HDTV decoder.

It is a 3 1/2 year old Mitsubishi Gold Plus Medallion series TV. This is rear projection, and the cabinet is black with built in speakers (good sound).

TV is 55 inches, 16:9 widescreen format. It will play DVDs in 480p mode (which is as high as DVD resolution goes). It will play TV content in 480i mode and 960i mode (with HDTV decoder, if you have one...I don't).

It has S-video inputs, RCA vid/aud imput/output, composit vid(RGB) input, etc...

This TV has a lot of bulb life left in it, as we pretty much use it for movies. There are no defects and no scratches/flaw in the screen. It has never been moved (other than rolled around the room for cleaning).

I am selling for $800; orig bought for $2500. This is still a great TV if you have a med/large sized room and desire to see some lifelike DVD movies.

tv.jpg

Not for me, just picked up a 52" Sony Widescreen from a friend for $500 who thought it was not HD (subseqently I have discovered that it supports up to 1080p so am clapping my hands and smiling happily).

However, on a side note, Mitsubishi TVs do tend to last exceptionally well (my parents still have the one they got as their wedding present and it's as clear as it was when new) and to me this looks like a bargain.

where in illinois do you live? is it northern?

Looks like he's about 3-4 hours south of Chicago.

Errrmmmm no.

I live in Rock Island, Illinois, which is 3 hours straight WEST of Chi-town and about 4 hours north of St. Louis.

Called the Quad Cities...actually a combo of 2-3 iowa side cities and 3-4 illinois cities straddling the mississippi. Quad Cities...? Apparently namers couldn't count well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Trade ya my 32" flat screen TV, like new!!!, only missing 3 buttons on tv, remote is broke in half, screen has a few scratches, sometimes it will turn on.......excellent condition, like new!!! :wavey:

I just picked up a "big tv" for $400....guy was desperate to sell it at my work and I was just joking and said I would give him $400, and he said ok....so I couldnt pass it up....Now....If I could only get it into my computer room :D