NTFS file system

NOFX

So I do a format today and put ntfs on instead of fat32. So now my comp is really slow bringing up windows and it sometimes seems like it might lock up. But after a few minutes of running, I can hit alt+ctrl+del and end the process run32dll.exe and everything starts working perfect.....btw Im using Xp pro...anyone know how I can set it to not run that program or fix this whole issue?

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

in the start button, go to run. Type in MSCONFIG and in there you can disable it from starting up when your computer starts.

Let me add this.....I now install CS, it takes me forever to connect to a server and my choke is 100!?!? I have no idea what the deal is, and ive done 2 reformats today.

the second one, I selected Format and partition using NTFS, not the one that say NTFS(quick). It runs a better now, but still has problems accessing the cd drive and certain folder like network connections.

well i found a way to convert back to fat32 without having to write zeros to the drive.....Windows setup will only allow for NTFS, if that is the current file system. I downloaded the newest WD boot up disc, works great.

• 2 weeks later...