HD tv choices.

Been to all the stores today, BestBuy, Walmart, etc. I have an older 36 inch hd I bought some years ago but now its time for something new. Been looking at a 34" Panasonic that Im impressed with at $1400. I noticed that companies named Visio and Ilo are making good looking sets at much lower prices but Im not familier with the brand. Anyone know anything about these companies? Anyone know a site that has good non biased reviews for HD set? Thanx all. :D

Edited by TheReverend(c)

Here's one that is pcworld's best buy. And here are all the ones they recently rated. Again this information comes from pcworld. Keep in mind these are plasma sets.

Personally, I have a Zenith 44" Wide Screen LCD. That I'm very happy with. Coupled it with DirecTV HD and pictures are pretty stunning.

Personally, it's awfully late in development not to get full 1080 native resolution if you're buying now. That reco. is 1024x768, so you can watch other signals but only at 720 or lower! ICK!

Depends on if you're sold on LCD, DLP or Plasma also. But the Sharp lcd's have a few 1080 monitors and the 37"

"is among the best LCD sets we've ever tested." according to Consumer Reports.

I would personally recomend LCD over Plasma as LCDs (right now at least) are generally 1366x768 whereas plasmas are still fighting to get over 1024x768 (which means rectangle pixels).

I just bought this Hyundai and I'm very happy with it. The screen itself is manufactured by LG just so you know.

I would also trust the Samsungs...but really nothing beats the Hyundai in terms of specs for price.

Also note that with LCDs there is an acceptable dead pixel rate of 2-5 per screen. Tigerdirect will let you return the TV if you find even one dead pixel, and they should let you check the next one in store to be sure it doesn't have any, but after that you can't check any more (at least that's what they let me do...) you can only return it...

Plasmas usually have a zero dead pixel rate as there are less pixels and they are more noticable...just incase anyone was wondering...(edit: just to clarify...this means if you find a dead pixel on a plasma you must return it