Backwards button isn't working

Hey everybody, currently in CS:S I have a problem. My backwards button is not working, so I cannot move backwards. I have backwards binded to the "s" key, I have tried binding multipule other keys in both the config and manually binding in the console; nothing has worked. I know that my "s" key isn't broken, as you can see I have used it quite a bit in this post, also whenever I bind "randomletter" "+back" in the console, it still doesn't work. I have restarted steam, and done pretty much everything I can think of. The only thing that I have not done is reinstalled CS; which I will do if no one has an answer for me in this thread.

Please, if you know how to fix this, please be as detailed as possible in the insturctions of how to fix this problem. And I thank all of you who either posted replies on this thread or simply just read it. Thanks again fellas and take it easy.

Im not sure, but I bet if you bounded "s" manually after you had already set "s" to backwards. Steam wouldn't crash and I would assume it would take the later declaration