Nepenthe - if it goes down...

Flitterkill

It's definitely not power. If it was, other servers on that PDU would be going down as well.

What's strange is I don't see anything in the event log showing that it's down. It's like it's running, just not connecting to the network at times. I will be trying various things in the mornings when the servers are empty so it shouldn't affect you. One thing will be the next thing it goes down is to have you (or somebody) call me. I'll call LG and have him log onto the server. If all the servers are running then I'll know it's a connection problem of some sort. Like maybe the ports on the switch it's connecting to might be glitching occasionally. I know this is frustrating bud and I'm very sorry. I will get it resolved even if I have to build another machine and send it up there.

So sayeth Viper

We are on the same box as SCK pub is so if we down, they down and vv

If no GC members are on the server if/when it drops, just post up here and a member will see it and make the call.

Fk is gone, gone, gone the next week + with moving and new school session beginning but be assurred, we are looking into this.

If you see this MadPat, hotmail says my email back at ya has been "delayed" - no clue why

-Fk

So...here's what really happened, last night...when FK, Placebo, Madpat and I were on...

As far as a power issue, causing the crash...well, sort of...My Power caused the most recent crash...let me explain.

The map is ONS-Crossfire...I had been pwning all night. FK, just kept trying, but at every turn, I crushed him and the rest of the competition...heck, my own teammates were afraid of me...

So, round after round, it goes...I win, they lose. Nodes destroyed, pancakes, vehicular homicides, MEGA KILLS!, etc...Just my usual stuff.

FK is yelling and cursing at me up and down through voice chat...he is obviously flustered to the point of madness.

Finally, in a fit of helpless rage, FK pulls the "plug" and causes the server crash, because he couldn't stand the Almighty's onslaught anymore...

:bang:

Ok, so maybe that was just a dream...but I swear it seemed real...

So...here's what really happened, last night...when FK, Placebo, Madpat and I were on...

As far as a power issue, causing the crash...well, sort of...My Power caused the most recent crash...let me explain.

The map is ONS-Crossfire...I had been pwning all night. FK, just kept trying, but at every turn, I crushed him and the rest of the competition...heck, my own teammates were afraid of me...

So, round after round, it goes...I win, they lose. Nodes destroyed, pancakes, vehicular homicides, MEGA KILLS!, etc...Just my usual stuff.

:biglaugha:

It's definitely not power. If it was, other servers on that PDU would be going down as well.

Not necessarily true. The PDU is the power panel at the bottom of a rack - it's a powerstrip. Servers typically have 1 or 2 power supplies, and those go bad sometimes.

Plus they could check other stuff. Error codes through the console, network connection drops, etc.

Filter - do you know what kind of servers they use? (Make/model)

Not necessarily true. The PDU is the power panel at the bottom of a rack - it's a powerstrip. Servers typically have 1 or 2 power supplies, and those go bad sometimes.

Plus they could check other stuff. Error codes through the console, network connection drops, etc.

Filter - do you know what kind of servers they use? (Make/model)

What a humdrum and boring reply to what was obviously becoming a hilarious post!

doh!

Huge PL. Noticed on both SCK (6pm) and ours (Midnight). Bareable at 6pm, but on Nep at midnight it got so bad I couldn't grab a weapons locker. Sometimes if PL hit after I died, I couldn't respawn for about 10secs. Really nasty.