On Newegg, any good

Leveller

That was one of two things that stopped me just clicking "buy now" the other was the processor (just to add, the processor only because I have no idea whether that's a good one or not)......... I feel very old and out of touch with tech stuff at times.

Edited by Leveller

My home PC's good, not great (but I'm going to be doing a fresh build first quarter next year). I guess general consensus is that's it's a good enough but not great laptop (which is what I was thinking), that as a backup/travel/surf the web wirelessly around home isn't a bad option for the price?

Thanks for the input peeps, much appreciated.

And just read your post Vovik, I'll be honest I'm not got a screaming need for a laptop, but saw this and thought it looked like a reasonable deal, and I like your thinking.

If this deal's out there, I'm sure there will be others.

that laptop will play cs:s just fine. don't listen to these fools. it's not all about ram ppl. that'a decent gpu on a 1280x800 res screen. it will run it just fine.

that's actually a really nice looking deal. the specs are very good for the price. only downside is that it's an acer which is one of the lowest quality brands. that said, nothing has been skimped on as far as the specs. even the battery is a good 8 cell battery.