Mav's future car...

[LaW]Maverick

So I'm probably going to buy a Pontiac Grand Prix GXP.

For those of you that are thinking...boring...you don't know the GXP. It has a 5.3L V8 engine with 3.3 hp and can do a quareder mile 14.3 seconds...that's pretty freakin' good considering it's a stock sedan.

On top of that, for 30k, I get Nav system, overhead display, leather, side airbags, monsoon sound system with changer, drilled and enlarged disc brakes, specially tuned sports suspension, and still get 30 mpg on the highway with a V8.

Yup, that's right, 30mpg (it's rated at 27) on the highway. Why do I say 30 if it's rated at 27? Because I've been reading the owner's sites, and they say anywhere from 26 to 38.

The car has better reliability ratings (according to J.D. Power and Associates) than the Accord I was looking at, and it's FASTER.

I test drove a 350z, and although the Z is faster off the line, this Grand Prix would kill it in high gears on the highway. There's just more torque there. When I test drove the GXP, I was up to 98 before I even knew it...the only thing that tipped me off was my girlfriend gasping in the passenger seat.

You can't beat it! I was looking a similarly equipped Maxima and it was $38,000. For 8 grand less, I can have a more highly rated, and faster car with an extra feature or two.

What do you guys think?

Maverick' date='Sep 15 2006, 02:47 PM' post='366369']

Ask the dealership if they'll take my wife as trade and ask your future wife if she has a sister...

She does have a sister actually...lol...but she's 21

im 21 :)

Maverick' date='Sep 15 2006, 03:47 PM' post='366369']

Ask the dealership if they'll take my wife as trade and ask your future wife if she has a sister...

She does have a sister actually...lol...but she's 21

So you're saying she's legal. I don't see the "but" as appropriate. :)

What year? 2006 I assume.

I can only wonder what your GXP is like. I have seen a 1998 GXP but it was not that good. The interior looked like I made it, it had stupid tail pipes, and the spoiler looked like it could have been a fish.

hmmmmmm?

4SA.jpg

Maverick' date='Sep 15 2006, 02:48 PM' post='366337']

So I'm probably going to buy a Pontiac Grand Prix GXP.

For those of you that are thinking...boring...you don't know the GXP. It has a 5.3L V8 engine with 3.3 hp and can do a quareder mile 14.3 seconds...that's pretty freakin' good considering it's a stock sedan.

On top of that, for 30k, I get Nav system, overhead display, leather, side airbags, monsoon sound system with changer, drilled and enlarged disc brakes, specially tuned sports suspension, and still get 30 mpg on the highway with a V8.

Yup, that's right, 30mpg (it's rated at 27) on the highway. Why do I say 30 if it's rated at 27? Because I've been reading the owner's sites, and they say anywhere from 26 to 38.

The car has better reliability ratings (according to J.D. Power and Associates) than the Accord I was looking at, and it's FASTER.

I test drove a 350z, and although the Z is faster off the line, this Grand Prix would kill it in high gears on the highway. There's just more torque there. When I test drove the GXP, I was up to 98 before I even knew it...the only thing that tipped me off was my girlfriend gasping in the passenger seat.

You can't beat it! I was looking a similarly equipped Maxima and it was $38,000. For 8 grand less, I can have a more highly rated, and faster car with an extra feature or two.

What do you guys think?

WOW now thats some serious HP :lol2:

Screw the GXP, get a real car like the GTO, or wait for the challenger to come out :boing:

Or if you want a family car get the charger :biglaugha: might look like a family car but there still sexy :wub: