Ipod

Magruter

Mag, wait for the Zune to come out...it's Microsoft's new gadget...has built in wi-fi, a better screen, and all sorts of cool bells and whistles that the IPOD's don't have. Not to mention...ipod's have their issues. The only great thing about an ipod is the accessory choices. However, if I know Microsoft, they will have a ton as well.

If you absolutely need an mp3 player right now, and all you want is a good player, check out the new Creative Labs players...they sound a bit nicer, have more features, and clearer screens. The software is nicer too, although I know that is a preferance thing.

PS: The Zune is supposed to be cheaper than a comparable ipod...at least that's what Microsoft has eluded to.

end of 2006, but look @ vista and that botched release date. also, projected $299 for a 30gb. it's preference, but i'd take the 5th gen ipod over the 1st gen zune.

i was an anti ipod'er from the go...until i got one. you can't beat it. apple customer service > creative, archos, or any other 3rd party mp3 i've seen. better (more widely used) interface with itunes and the ipod user interface, on and on. get an ipod.

if you want a nano 2gb refurbished, $99 from apple, with warranty.

http://dealmac.com/deals/Refurbished-Apple...ped/132345.html

though, to zune's credit, it would be dope to have an mp3 playing wifi voip phone...assuming you'd use it.

I'm with stuttering.john. I thought ipods were a stupid fad...then I bought one. Sure it hasn't worked 100% perfectly since the day I bought it...it's a piece of computer hardware...I don't think it CAN work perfectly...but it has worked better than any other piece of hardware I've ever owned and Apple Support is incredible.

Meh, I've seen too many people have to send their ipods in for new batteries, even the latest Gen. The software thing is still a preferance I have, but creative really does make a better product

Their support is a little more limited, yes, but I have dealt with them before and they have been very helpful.

Besides, I would rather buy a device that needs less support than a device that needs the better support it has :D

Have you guys seen the Zen Photo and the Zen MicroPhoto?

They carry them at Best Buy, and they're on NewEgg...pretty sweet mp3 players.