Need For Speed Carbon

JackieChan

This came out last week (I think). So far, I'm almost half way through the game. It's pretty fun, you get to bring an ally with you to your races instead of you being able to go it alone. One of the things I hate about the game is if you hit another racer, your car slows down to a halt. You can't disable them in any way because your speed goes to nothing. My signature racing move in Flatout 2 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted was to PIT people (what cops do). Now, I'm sad because you can't do that in this game...

(edited)
This came out last week (I think). So far, I'm almost half way through the game. It's pretty fun, you get to bring an ally with you to your races instead of you being able to go it alone. One of the things I hate about the game is if you hit another racer, your car slows down to a halt. You can't disable them in any way because your speed goes to nothing. My signature racing move in Flatout 2 and Need for Speed: Most Wanted was to PIT people (what cops do). Now, I'm sad because you can't do that in this game...

I have actually PIT'ed someone before, but it was very difficult and required rather forceful coersion :D

The AI cars tend to fight more for position than they used to...

PIT'ing the five-oh though is still possible and a favorite pursuit breaking method of mine

Edited by boilersax

I actually enjoyed most wanted more then this one... I'm still using a tier 1 car, and winning the races... and I'm at the start of the final bosses race... *shrug*

Not sure I like how few cars are really unlocked as you go through the game. I do like parts of it more then MW... but overall, I prefer MW.

Once I got my corvette, I stayed with it through the rest of the game. That car's acceleration is sick. Also, racing Darius in the canyon run, I beat him in 12 seconds. I passed him in the first turn and kept the lead for 10 seconds.

This game was short too.. not much of a storyline.

i was disappointed with MW. Now I have tried the Carbon Demo.......just pathetic. Nothing more to add. They didn't remove the wheel bug where you can't assign an analog to a brake. In Drift mode it seems the car is controlling itself not you who's in control of the car. I'm going to finally give up on the NFS series. Most Wanted I had to play with the keyboard cause the physics model was just sad, this one I'm not really sure how much it improved, probably none.

If they actually made one game and just constanly updated it (like CSS) they'd probably make a game like NFS Underground 1, with Drifting as in NFSU2, graphics from the latest game, career mode as in NFSHS, online playability as HS or UG1, physics and controls from UG1. But instead, they are not being straight....