weird stuff

dragonfly

So I went and bought Command and Conquer The First Decade (dvd) because I missed the old red alert games. I clicked on autorun.exe: "not a win32 application" . I cant get it to work.

I'm going to windows update adn try that, but i doubt that's it. OS in spec's is XP, and I've read many support threads taht say it works on xp - that's what it's made for. What gives?

Edit: Update: I tried it on my roommate's computer. It works. I'm currently running Windows Pro sp2. I also tried updating eveything (sp3 etc) but still no go. Again, what gives?

Edited by DarkArchon

skip the autorun and just click the setup.exe.

just make sure you have all the latest windows updates.

and btw, there is no sp3 for xp... :)

edit - have you done a google search for the problem? have you checked the manufacturer forums?

Edited by Cujo

skip the autorun and just click the setup.exe.

just make sure you have all the latest windows updates.

and btw, there is no sp3 for xp... :)

edit - have you done a google search for the problem? have you checked the manufacturer forums?

I thought there was no sp3! ANYWAY...

I tried the setup tihng already. It gave me a different error first time (cant remember what it said, i'll check later) and then second time exact same error (invalid win32 application)

I thought i got all the latest windows updates, but i'll check again. The support only says "Yes, it's made to run with windows xp", and i've not checked the forums yet. I'll google it and see what turns up later on today after doing some differential equations :boing: hurray

Thanks guys.

what is incd for?

incd comes with Nero and is an emulator that allows you to mount CD's so that you can treat them as a regular floppy disc. It often causes problems with installs so I've removed it from my system.