GoW ftw!

[LaW]Maverick

http://www.ps3network.com/forums/ps3-games...e-fall-man.html

Funny stuff.

That's a Sony forum...and they're touting GoW as the best shooter of the next gen systems thus far.

Sorry, just got a kick out of it.

The visuals on Resistance do look great, but I don't think they are better than GoW, and that's a lil' bit of a let-down for me.

I was hoping Sony would surprise me and really blow me away with visuals and innovative stuff...but Resistance looks like the same ol' blow up tons of stuff type game. (which is always a good time, don't get me wrong)

I have to admit, as someone who for a long time has thought that shooters are always better on PC's and the console was inferior to the PC it seems I have been proven wrong. I played through the single campaign at my friend's house and loved Gears of War. The game for the first time, at least for me, utilized the controller so that it was as effective as a keyboard. Now don't get me wrong, I am much better at using a keyboard and mouse and much faster then with a controller.

This is a game which though if moved to the PC I would be happy, it plays very nicely on the 360.

What impressed me was the steady frame-rate. Halo 2 had fps issues if you recall, but GoW looked beautiful and played smooooth.

It is impressive.

I still like my shooters on PC better 'cause I am better at them. Let's face it...aiming with a thumbstick will never be as accurate as a mouse, but this is definitely one shooter that does the console justice and then some

Gears of War is good. Probably is the best fps right now. I played the campagin at a friend's house, we sat and beat it in one sitting on co-op cause he didnt want to lend me his XBox.

It's not fair to compare a top-end game on a console with 1-year of experience to a launch title though. I haven't played resisstance, but I haven't heard anything exceptional about it either. I can't wait to play MotorStorm. It's out soon.

IMO, Rainbow Six:Vegas is the best shooter on the 360. If you have a 360 and Live, download the demo and give it a try. The demo doesn't really do it justice, and it's a slightly different type of game, but it is AWESOME.

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...c=30883&hl=

But GoW does rock. However, there just isn't enough to it to keep me coming back to it, which is too bad when you shell out $60 for a game... :smillie_smilling:

It's not fair to bash Sony or Microsoft for the games on their systems, it's really all about the developers. It doesn't matter if it's a Sony forum or not. If a game is a better game, it's a better game. Not everyone is going to blindly say everything on Playstation 3 is better than everything on Xbox 360.

Gears of War was made by Epic, who made one of the most popular first person shooter franchises, Unreal. Resistance: Fall of Man was made by the peole who made Rachet & Clank, the platform game with crazy weapons and Spyro, the platform game about a cute little dragon. Their first game was a first person shooter in 1996 for the Playstation 1, but it wasn't so great.

It's not fair to bash Sony or Microsoft for the games on their systems, it's really all about the developers. It doesn't matter if it's a Sony forum or not. If a game is a better game, it's a better game. Not everyone is going to blindly say everything on Playstation 3 is better than everything on Xbox 360.

Gears of War was made by Epic, who made one of the most popular first person shooter franchises, Unreal. Resistance: Fall of Man was made by the peole who made Rachet & Clank, the platform game with crazy weapons and Spyro, the platform game about a cute little dragon. Their first game was a first person shooter in 1996 for the Playstation 1, but it wasn't so great.

Hehehe...I wasn't trying to bash Sony with this post. (not this time) :-) Just found it funny because working in a video game store as long as I did, I saw people EVERY day say that ALL of the games on the Sony were better....it was scary really.

There are some sweet games that are Sony exclusive. I just saw the post and thought it was refreshing to see some people that may or may not have been Sony fan boys give credit where credit was do. Yes, Epic is the genius behind the game, not the system, I agree.

Sorry shoulda made it clearer and included an anecdote such as this:

Customer: "So I'm really big in to fps, which next-gen system should I go with?"

Me: "Well, the PS3 will undoubtably have some good fps on it, however, MS has shown better results time after time in that category. You have the biggies like Halo, which were just amazing, and you have little known exclusives like Riddick that were just incredible. The PS3 doesn't have any decidedly amazing exclusive fps in its opening line-up and with the 360 you're getting Gears of War. I'd go with Gears of War."

Ohter Employee: "Yeah, he's definately right. There will be some good ones eventually, but even the controller on the 360 is set-up better for an fps."

Other Customer: "Yeah, you just can't beat the Halo franchise for multiplayer fun."

Customer: "So when does the PS3 come out? When can I pre-order one?"

:bang: