big hd

Z3RO

any recommendations on a large hd. im starting to store full dvds on my hd and its a crappy 150 gig Hitatchi. i was looking for some thing double tht size or larger (netflix ftw =D). it pretty much has to be ide because my mobo doesn't support sata. also any recommendations on a dvd burner i was looking a a plextor and it seems to be good. im slowy going to turn this into a media center whn i build my new gaming rig in a few months, so i dont need anything extraordinary. id like to budget this under 150 bucks the burner isn't really tht necessary becuase the one i have works just fine its just a little slow.

almost any thing would be an upgrade from wut i have right now seeing as its all stock parts form an emachine.

well much luve and thanks in advance.

(edited)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

+

VANTEC NST-360SU-BK 3.5" eSATA + USB2.0 Aluminum External Enclosure - Retail

that's my vote. gives you large storage for now with a look to the future. for a year now i've said buying an ide drive is a waste of money and i still stand by it. usb 2.0 is plenty fast for storage and when you build your new rig you have a great, current storage drive and not some obsolete ide drive. most new motherboards come with one chipset supported ide port. this means you need drivers to install windows on the second ide port most motherboard makers add.

in the second half of 2k7 you will see a large switch to sata cd/dvd drives. a year from now i wouldn't be surprised to see new motherboards only having 1 ide port and some enthusiast boards not having any.

Edited by Cujo

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3320620A 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM

+

VANTEC NST-360SU-BK 3.5" eSATA + USB2.0 Aluminum External Enclosure - Retail

that's my vote. gives you large storage for now with a look to the future. for a year now i've said buying an ide drive is a waste of money and i still stand by it. usb 2.0 is plenty fast for storage and when you build your new rig you have a great, current storage drive and not some obsolete ide drive. most new motherboards come with one chipset supported ide port. this means you need drivers to install windows on the second ide port most motherboard makers add.

in the second half of 2k7 you will see a large switch to sata cd/dvd drives. a year from now i wouldn't be surprised to see new motherboards only having 1 ide port and some enthusiast boards not having any.

? IDE drive with a Sata enclosure? Think you meant the Sata one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16822148140