CSS Install - No Sound!?

gOOters

Hope its okay to put in Chit Chat? Go ahead and move if need be.

I just reinstalled CSS. Now, I have no sound in game. My headphones are fine and they are plugged in. Sound is enabled on the menus console in CSS.

The really weird part is that everyone is running around with their mic button on from my POV, although I am sure they arent all on mic. I do have my reg key assigned to mic. My headset is sound only, no mic.

Any ideas? There was some weird error message that appeared on the console about sound, it kept popping up repeatedly. I will try and find it again and post it up.

TIA!

:freak:

Headphones are plugged into the mic jack.

Hey SD...long time :)

I'll check that anonymo, but Im pretty sure they are plugged in straight. I will check that when I get home and also restart STEAM per Kruten. THX!

I only say that because it kinda matches your description...because headphones (and all speakers) are bi-directional, ie they act like microphones if you plug them into a mic jack.

hey tek! no dice yet. i just reformatted my comp, and realized that I havent loaded drivers for the mobo yet...doh!

however, its still really weird, the mic thing. when im in game, everyone has their mic lit up...

ahh, thats prolly it. my control panel doesnt list a sound device (its onboard sound). I wonder why my comp doesnt see the onboard sound card? i ran the driver disk for the mobo...