Adaptec AVC-1400 gamebridge

Tek-Almighty

I bought an Adaptec Gamebridge (model AVC-1400) from Woot.com.

Came with no drivers or software CD. Supposedly this device will let you record TV or console video games (or play them, for that matter) on your PC.

I bought, because I don't wanna pay the huge prices for a DV-Bridge and I have a bunch of old VHS tapes of punk/hardcore I want to turn into mpeg or mov files.

I've searched high and low and cannot find the drivers online or an ISO of the install CD. Adaptec's website has nothing.

Can the collective powers of GC help out?

Thanks.

Unless someone here has the disc I think you need to contact tech support.

They are no longer making th product, and its TBD if it will be supported in vista.

The site says it doesnt ned drivers, but it clearly states you need to install the drivers CD.

Also, it comes with Intervideo Home Theater software you'll need, but I couldnt find any hardware-specific free or discounted versions anywhere.

Adaptec may not have anything downloadable but they still list it as supported - give them a call or email support and have them send you out a disc.

That, or if you have a free PCI slot avail, just drop $20 on this and be done with it (it will work plenty fine jacking in your VCR for the input)

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=WI...-CO&cat=VCD

-Fk

I recommend switching from Punk to Metal (power/black/death/etc) - that way you dont need your VHS tapes.

Oh, I gots plenty of metal in my life...but some of the hardcore shows I have on VHS are priceless and need to be converted...before the 12 year old tapes die.

Still unsure of how switching will negate the need...I have some really good death metal shows on VHS too... :peace:

(we'll pretend that little emoticon his flashing the horns...not peace)

Thanks for advice...I haven't called tech support for adaptec, because 3 forums I read said folks tried to do the same thing and got nowheres... :bang: