Same old maps?

Just recently, the numbers playing on Nepenthe have gone up. I think this is due to maybe holiday free time, and slow down in peoples' business dealings. Before that, there has been a decline in number of people playing. Most just jump to SCK and don't look at Nepenthe. I have seen players I do not recognize playing Nepenthe around 3:00 PM but the disappear as soon as night comes

Experience players have an advantage naturally over the inexperienced players. They just have more playing time and map experience. One way to increase numbers and appeal is to start incorporating new maps. Not all new, just a few over the normal crossfire, torlan, etc (staples). Nepenthe had two maps that was a nice change. One was I believe "sand crack". It was desert setting with two ravines and well balanced sides. One that did not last long-I have no idea the name of. It was a woodland setting with nodes in dilapidated buildings with no roofs or towers with no tops. It had a alot of nooks and crannies to set up attack and defense positions and had the normal assortment of vehicles. It even had a rope bridge. The later map required quick thinking, and adapting to new environments which offers the inexperienced a more equal footing to the experienced. It also offers the experience something new than same old thing.

Normally Nepenthe has map rotation, but have not seen it in a while. SCK is already doing the tried and true. Why go to Nepenthe when you can find same and more people at SCK?

I for one, would like to see Dawn take a breather and maybe put in some new blood for a coupla weeks...

witchSlap (no slap) is always popular and for good players it takes a while...

Anybody played Yorda and like it?

I have heard of witchslap (no Slap) { this word should begin with a "B" but forum not letting is in.}

I have played yorda. It is okay

Have you tried Argento? Nice map but no mantas or other aircraft. Teamwork a must to succeed.

I would like to see primeval gone (sorry bushwack)

Edited by MaDPaT

I think HWarrior is away until after the new year so probably no changes until at least then.

I believe Bushwack hates Primeval so he (and I) agree about not liking it.

IMHO witchslap (with a B) is a terrible map (sorry tek).

I always thought aridoom would be a good one to work into the rotation.

You might be surprised by this, but our increased numbers probably have more to do with reverting to primarily stock maps. For whatever reason, and this is going back years now, non-stock maps scare noobs away.

I got a bit out of control towards the end as I listened to you guys, and myself as well certainly, and stuck more maps on - so that by the time I flipped it over to HW, we had prob 1/2 stock, 1/2 non-stock maps running.

We can probably run two non-stock maps at a time, tucked somewhere in the rotation (not back to back) and probably be alright, otherwise, people see a "new" map, and just bail for the familiar.

Which, of course, sucks for us that want a change up but I think we all agree that more people playing on stock is much better than fewer playing on non-stock.

BW hates Primeval? Heh...kinda doubt that one :)

with all due respect...

when I browse internet server list...i key in on non-stock maps that have players on them...

try it...time after time, you will see peeps drop off of servers as soon as the tired old stockers come through rotation...just last night...there were plenty of ppl on a server and Artic Stronghold came up and people said unanimously "BBL"

Anyways...it wouldn't kill us to try a week or two without AS and Primeval...and sub in some other stock or non-stock...

Any of the regulars want to put this to a vote or weigh in on this??? We've already heard at least 3 of us say "enough with primeval." Anybody really wann keep it???

And BTW...NONE of this is said with any imperpetuity towards FK or HW....you guys rock as always...I'm just sayin...ya know?

Edited by Tek-Almighty

with all due respect...

when I browse internet server list...i key in on non-stock maps that have players on them...

try it...time after time, you will see peeps drop off of servers as soon as the tired old stockers come through rotation...just last night...there were plenty of ppl on a server and Artic Stronghold came up and people said unanimously "BBL"

Anyways...it wouldn't kill us to try a week or two without AS and Primeval...and sub in some other stock or non-stock...

Any of the regulars want to put this to a vote or weigh in on this??? We've already heard at least 3 of us say "enough with primeval." Anybody really wann keep it???

And BTW...NONE of this is said with any imperpetuity towards FK or HW....you guys rock as always...I'm just sayin...ya know?

Make sure that ain't a bail after a long round of Dria or Dawn - sometimes after long matches, regardless of map, people gotta have a break.

HW has final say on these matters, but seeing he ain't here, for the time being, Primeval pulled, Urban-LE and Nevermore-LE jacked in. All else the same. I think every std. map has been pulled at one time or another *except* for AS. Leave it to HW for that decision.

Hey, forgot about Red Planet - that hasn't been in for a month at least. Throw that in too.

FYI, there is a new LE version of Sun-Tzu recently approved for TWL play - perhaps HW can be cajolled in throwing that up (I assume the LE version knocks out the framerate issues...)

-Fk

EDIT: 120am Fri Morn, still 16 playing, after xfire, starting rp

Sun-Tzu = good map...

Thanks for the change...hopefully people will represent by playing a bit more. I know not many day players, but usually I take a look at servers around 2-3 pm or so..but also weekend nights. I guess other GC have lives and do things like "go out" and "have fun with friends or family..." on those evenings...pshhhh...whatever that is all about. :smillie_smilling:

• 3 weeks later...

There was a new map on Nepenthe a few months ago. I had a overgrown English countryside feel with incredible tall trees and nodes placed inside roofless towers or small cottages with caved in roofs. There was a river and a rope bridge. Had alot of green. Good terrain. Open and crowded areas to balance you skills and all vehicles. Like to find name so I can load it on my computer and play it more.