My Wii

[LaW]Maverick

So I finally was allowed to open my Wii on Christmas day. I whipped it out as soon as I got a chance, set it up, and sat down on my couch with my cool Wiimote, and low and behold....the system didn't work.

I had it all set up...even followed the directions just in case (though it is very straight forward). The standby light came on when I plugged the power on, and so I thought everything was good. I click the power button, and I get a flash of blue light from the disc loader, the power-LED flashes green, then the whole system goes completely dark faster than it can send a video signal to the TV.

After that, I can't even push the power button again to get it to turn on, it just stays dark...no standby light or anything.

I can unplug the power, plug it back in and repeat the whole thing, and bam...nothing.

So I'm sad o0o

I called Nintendo and they are sending me a new Wii, but if it's the power-brick causing the problem, I'm still screwed. See, they're just sending me a replacement system, so if the power brick fries the next one, I'm really out of luck. I have to send the power brick back, they'll send me another one, but if the defective power brick fries the new system too, then I'll have to send that back as well. IF all that happens then I'll be stuck waiting another week! o0o

I hope this works!