GUESS WHAT?!

TheGeek

I almost killed a consumer today.

> The "guest" is holding a gamecube game in one hand and the same game but in ps2 in the other hand.

Guest> This game also comes in ps2, what game has more information on it?

Me> What?

Guest> Which game has more data on it?

>I start thinking of ways to call him stupid

Me> There is no way I can tell. I don't have a computer or an emulator to tell how much data is on the disc

Guest> So what game has more plays and characters?

Me> There is no way for me to find out now.

Guest> So do you think they are the same?

>I look in his right hand. There is spyro. I look in his left hand. There is spyro.

Me> Yes it appears they are similar.

Guest> Do you know anything about these games?

Me> No, not really

> I'm thinking that when I said "...not really" He really heard: "I know more than what I am telling you."

Guest> (talking in a slow voice as if I were stupid) How much data is on this disc? (while pointing to the spyro in his left hand)

Me> I don't know. There is no way I can know that.

Guest> (with an angry voice) There is NO way you could know?

Me> NO I do... not... know...

Here is the kicker.

Guest> Your suppose to be the expert.

I am going to kill him.............

He comes into the store and argues with me. Asking me STUPID questions. Such as this: "Where is the coaxial cable?" Then I say over here. "Thats not coaxial cable, thats fiber optic" I AM GOING TO KILL HIM.

Yet he keeps on arguing with me!

"DLP doesn't come in projector big screen tv's!"

And people keep on coming up to me and asking me if we have any more of the wii's in. You would think with a high demand product like that we would keep the shelf full. And if we have none out on the floor we are out. Right? NO.

bad day today.....

Me> Well lets put it this way. I'm going to have to assume you have both a GameCube and a Playstation 2. Me being an avid gamer puts me in the postition to gladly call you an idiot for your lack of intelligence since both games are exactly the same. Since I want to help you as much as possible without ripping out my eyelids from the frustration that is given by people of your calibur, lets compare both games. The Gamecube for instance has smaller discs, right? That obviously must mean that it has less data, right? Not exactly. If Gamecube discs contained less data due to being about twice as small as regular CDs, the game itself would probably not contain bonus features, less levels, and probably lack an ending... with credits, I might add. If that were true, would they sell an unfinished product? I don't think so. People, like yourself, would be unsatisfied with the product, demand a refund, and probably the same game OF the same console with more data on the discs.

Guest> So...which game has more data on it?

Me> :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

In this situation I would have called a manager. You don't get payed to deal with this crap, the manager does.

I used this trick all the time when I worked at a grocery store. I used to be a stock boy so people would come up to me all the time and ask me questions. If the question was out of the ordinary or I just didn't feel like trying to find out, I would just get a manager and be done with it. :D

where do you work?

Electronics counter at target. I could seriously train a monkey to do my work. All I have to teach it is to answer these questions: do you have any wii's? do you know when your going to get more in?

• 2 weeks later...

How I would have handled it

Guest> This game also comes in ps2, what game has more information on it?

Me> They are the same

Me> Given my knowledge of a computer Disc I would guess the PS2 has a larger executable because the disc can hold more information, but not knowing anything about gamecube encryption and data compression schemes, I would not be able to give you a definite answer.