The Good Shepherd

Playaa

I heard this movie described as the "Godfather of spy movies" and that it was "exceptional". Gotta say...I was disappointed. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 stars. It was drawn out and mildly boring and almost as if the makers of the movie were trying to keep the plot secret from the people watching the movie...that's how much of a spy film it was.

Not saying it was bad...just saying that while I was entertained, I don't ever plan on watching it again in my lifetime.

• 1 month later...
I think that breach will be better.

good for you.

also...congrats on the whole "staying on topic" thing you did there.

:unsure:

YoMamma...it was definitely boring but I didn't think it was THAT bad. I could see myself watching it again at least.

YoMamma...it was definitely boring but I didn't think it was THAT bad. I could see myself watching it again at least.

Really? I just couldn't stand Matt Damon's character. Thats why I don't plan on ever watching the movie again. There was nothing to him. Sure, he was supposed to show someone who was 'stone cold,' but he just came off as creepy and boring instead.

I will admit that I really enjoyed Tammy Blanchard's (Laura) performance.

I'll follow Geek's off-roading course and try to take the topic in yet another direction:

I haven't seen The Good Shepherd yet, but I was excited to see it (you know, eventually) and I heard high praise about it as well. I am disappointed to hear it downplayed by you, Playaa, because I find I agree with your opinions on movies a lot...that means I'll be disappointed.

But anyway, to take us off-topic, I really liked Spy Game with Robert Redford and Brad Pitt. Have you seen that one, and if so, what did you think of it?

• 1 month later...
(edited)

3/4 into the movie and BORED OUT OF MY MIND

Every once in a while there is a glimpse of hope but then it is snatched away by making some other axis of the movie shift. Its like going into a new job not knowing what your doing, and when you start to get things figured out, they fire you and you have to start over.

Edit: well, at least the ending made sense. Kinda surprised on how confused they made you feel in the beginning, then at the end make the motives so clear.

Edited by TheGeek