Man has conquered machine!!

Saris

After years and years of trying in vain to crack a certain PS2 game's audio format, I have just done it with a nifty program called cube media player, which can read just about anything on a ps2 disc. I am a very, very happy man. Anyway, feel free to use this thread to up your post count with spam, like everyone usually does. :biglaugha:

Maverick' date='Jan 8 2007, 04:44 PM' post='385093']

Do you know of an emulator that allows me to play PS2 discs on my computer? That way I don't have to buy a PS2 to play the Final Fantasy's that I missed?

I wish.

You will probably be able to play games but not at full speed. Some games, like 2D games, will probably run fine. 3D games will run quite a bit slower, even if they are labeled, "playable", on the compatibility list. They highly recommend that you have a dual core processor. There is a topic on their forums where people post screen shots, the FPS they are getting, and their computer specs.

I have an AMD 3200+ @ 2.5ghz with an x800 Pro and in Fight Night Round 3 I was getting about, 10fps. But it's, "playable" on their compatibility list.

On top of how slow the games run they often have a load of graphic glitches.

Some games on the other hand work pretty well, like Final Fantasy X, that's one of their showcase games that works fine, graphics and performance wise.

Honestly though, you might be better off buying a PS2, but it's fun to try playing PS2 games on your computer.

You will probably be able to play games but not at full speed. Some games, like 2D games, will probably run fine. 3D games will run quite a bit slower, even if they are labeled, "playable", on the compatibility list. They highly recommend that you have a dual core processor. There is a topic on their forums where people post screen shots, the FPS they are getting, and their computer specs.

I have an AMD 3200+ @ 2.5ghz with an x800 Pro and in Fight Night Round 3 I was getting about, 10fps. But it's, "playable" on their compatibility list.

Some games on the other hand work pretty well, like Final Fantasy X, that's one of their showcase games that works fine, graphics and performance wise.

Honestly though, you might be better off buying a PS2, but it's fun to try playing PS2 games on your computer.

Are you for serious? (KISSES!)

I mostly just want it for Final Fantasy :-)