Guild Wars...

[LaW]Maverick

Ok, so I was looking at the posted Guild Wars screens, and I have decided to give it another go. I will look for my discs tonight, and wee if I can get goin' on it.

So that leaves the question:

Who wants to help a complete noob out? I don't really know the first thing 'bout the game...and when I played it before, I played long enough to get my second class, and that's 'bout it. PM me, look for me on AIM (Lax Beast 25), or something and let me know if you can help out!

:D

Thanks!!! :boing:

Isn't WoW just like guild wars, but cost $ per month?

Guild Wars depends solely on Partying (which is a HUGE plus for me) to progress in the game. Parties need to be diverse in order to succeed the mission. WoW is more on the soloing side, but it features instances where people group up to conquer dungeons and such. WoW is apparently more expansive than Guild Wars, but ALOT of traveling is involved. While GW isn't as expansive, it offers players a fast travel option (another plus for me) to go to the city they want instantly via the world map.

GW:

Pros-

-Forced Partying (it's a pro for me)

-Able to choose two class choices

-Better looking graphically, IMO

-Good storyline

-Get your own map to play on

-Very easy to get groups (depending on the mission)

-Can take computerized henchmen (who are pretty stupid) if you can't get human players

-Level 20 cap which does make the game harder in a way

WoW:

Pros-

-More player inactivity

-Two sides to choose (alliance and horde)

-Alot of armor/weapons to have

-Higher level cap

-Alot of places to explore

-Interface addons which can make playability easier (don't think GW has this)

-ALOT of quests to keep you busy

Meh, WoW got too bloody repetitive to me

Go here, do this...then when you hit a higher level, you go to a different town and do the same thing with different enemies

The quests are incredibly repetitive, because they consist of the same thing over and over again.

That being said, I really liked WoW for quite some time. Heck, if they lowered their price to $10 a month I might just sign back up. Still, as I hit higher levels, I got bored with quests, and when I wanted to go on instances (which are much more fun, in my opinion) I couldn't get a good party together.

Also, the Guild Wars graphics are MUCH better. Much less cartoon-ish, and the environments are just amazing (for an MMO)