Another door-knock offer on the CRX

Flitterkill

1991 Honda CRX Si

Door knock offer of $1500 cash

Pros:

Car is in rough body shape (rust) - Underneath as well - Hasn't been garaged for years.

New head gasket, timing belt work in the next 20,000 miles easily

Needs new struts but the rust may make the replacement problematic (think torching out bushings and what that would mean)

Cons:

I love the s.o.b. Blast to drive.

Engine runs flawlessly

35 mpg even when I drive like an idiot. 40 mpg when I don't.

New tires so handles great, though a rough ride.

Freaking torn on this. Been driving the Xterra a lot with the turn in the weather but the 300 to 400 miles a week commute at 18 mpg does suck substantially; the crx usually handles the commute mileage.

So.

Thoughts?

(And yes, people knock on my door, pull along side me at 65 mph on the freeway, etc. asking if it is for sale - this guy is just the most recent)

-Fk

Yet I fail to see why you made this topic. Are you looking to see if we think you should sell it?

Um.. yeah. Thats why he made the topic.

I think that unless you intend to do some major work on the car, you should sell it for the 1500. Because unless you do the work, the car will only be worth less and less.

Shaftiel

• 2 weeks later...

I still keep my 88 corolla GTS covered up because I like it so much! had offers like that for it as well, but I don't want to give it up. If you need the money then go for it.. giving up an old car is like losing an old friend IMO

BTW: this topic was easily understandable from the first post, why the angry librarian antics?

Edited by Wentz

• 3 weeks later...

Sell it

If it's rusted out already, it will just get worse

-Honda's are EXPENSIVE to repair, and the timing belt work will cover almost half of that $1500 alone. (think between $600 and $700)

-Honda's (especially old ones) rust...it's what they do.

-replacing your suspension when the struts go will be VERY expensive

-You can buy a new Civic (if you like Honda's) and get the same or better mileages and I'm told the Si drives similarly to the CRX, but I haven't driven one yet

All-in-all...sell it!