so i sent in my application for IHOP's Forerunner Music Academy finally, (i think i've mentioned this here before...) and i really hope that i can get in...but there are tons of things that really need to happen before i would actually be able to go there.

1. i need a high paying job

the tuition is 2200 a semester, and i will be counting on 300$ a month for renting a house with 3 other guys down there, so money is a huge issue, considering that i cannot get a federal Stafford loan, any government grant, funding etc because it is non-accredited. they are getting accredited sometime in the near future, but until then, i cannot get any help from the gov. pray that i get a job, and soon

2. i NEED blessings

there is no way that i will be able to make it down there if i dont get huge gifts...i just simply won't be able to make enough money at my job. the highest paying one that I've found is around 10$/hr for landscaping, but i would really rather avoid that because of the nature of the job, I'm not a fan of that kind of work. pray that i get blessed incredibly.

3. need to get accepted

heh yeah i suppose that should be #1 eh. but yeah, i sent in my app, and if they like it, they'll let me know and I'll go down there for a live audition with one of my buddy's, if he gets accepted. pray we both get accepted and that our auditions go well.

4. need new instruments

the instruments i have now are a yamaha fx-335 acoustic(crap) and a schecter omen-6(not complete crap, but i need something better). also, i'm starting to learn bass this year, and will need a bass guitar before i leave. pray that on top of all my expenses, i will have enough to get a good instrument. i'm looking in the 500$^ price range.

by the way, on top of getting ready for college, applying for a job, and finishing my last year of high school this year, i have to move! its not a big deal socially, I'll still be in the same community, only 6 miles away, but its still a huge deal.

I was there when I went to briercrest bible college right out of highschool 4 years ago... I know the feeling. Have fun with it man! And relax, if God can reconcile humanity to Himself, He can get you to school if He wants you there! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...