Va Tech Shooting

NOFX

Everything went really well at work today. I did not see any media people and despite the misery of trying to make everything work when all of my people are scattered all over the place, I had a really good day. This event should start to fade into the background soon enough.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the entire Korean race needed to apologize for the killer's actions, when Columbine happened did every white person apologize to the world? The only one who should ever apologize is the killer himself because he is the one who took action and committed the crimes. I did like Stephen Kings article about the whole situation regarding the kid's writings, anyone can write some messed up stuff.

But I do hate how the media over reports things like this. When my friend was killed in my town a few years ago, my friends and I had news trucks stopping by as we all walked home from school and would question us and constantly remind the way our friend was killed and the feelings that the death brought up. And now with such a large shooting and death toll the news reports just over glorify the actions and constantly remind everyone of what happened.

And what about that news story that came out a few days after the shooting, about the Emily girl. The news stations/sites/reports posted a story almost basically blaming a girl,that Cho was obsessed with, for the shootings. No moral holding back on the accusations there.