Funny Stuff...

[LaW]Maverick

yes, the term Rice Burner, or Ricer is a term meaning people that put goofy stuff on their cars to make them look "cool," when in effect, all they are doing is making them slower....

The short term for rice burner is Ricer or Rice, whereas ricer refers to the person who owns said vehicle. It was derived from the initial craze of modifying Honda's and the like because Rice is a huge Japanese export, and so is small economical gars that people enjoy making look goofy.

What I will never understand is this: why put a bunch of extra weight on your car to make it look fast when all you're doing is making it GO slower? lol....it never ceases to make me laugh when I see one drive down the road.... :stretch:

Yeah, by definition a ricer is a car that was only modified to 'look' or 'sound' fast, not actually be fast. As a traditional American muscle car wannabe fan, I tend to have a dislike for almost all of them. However I understand the difference between people who just modify their body to look cool, and people who modify the car to actually gain performance.

As a side, i always get a kick of a civic with an after market exhaust, as it tries to accelerate down the road, yet becouse of that exhaust you hear it but need to be patient to hear the rpm actually rev up, but im sure they feel cool! Then again what do I know, im a motorcycle guy who seems to be getting into the mechanics of dual sport bikes, and thats not exactly a niche thats popular, at least in the states.

I know I will take a lot of flack for this but...anyone who spends money on trying to get their car to do speeds they can't actually legally drive at are wasting their money imo. I'd much rather drive my tic ride slowly by the ladies than whizz by them only to hit a lamp post down the street.

I'm a closet ricer fan...but I agree some people take it to extremes...like the Porsche I saw the other day with a skirt mod and ground effects...I almost cried (laughing)