Forza 2

anonymo

(edited)

In the D class endurance race I was taking a drink and took a turn completely wrong. I was going around 100 miles per hour, spun out at the end of the straight that was going into a turn and got pummeled by at least three of the AI drivers. I made it to the pits, which fixes everything but your body work. At the end of the race I had to pay 50,000 in damages out of the 100,000 or so I got from the race.

Edited by VooDooPC

In the D class endurance race I was taking a drink and took a turn completely wrong. I was going around 100 miles per hour, spun out at the end of the straight that was going into a turn and got pummeled by at least three of the AI drivers. I made it to the pits, which fixes everything but your body work. At the end of the race I had to pay 50,000 in damages out of the 100,000 or so I got from the race.

How many laps into it were you? Lol...crashing in endurance sucks! Well crashing anywhere sucks but in endurance if your bumpers get too messed up your finished regardless of the pit work.

I haven't even made it to the endurance races yet...but I'm going for golds in every race...you must be playing a lot voodoo

Tragedy! I finally unearthed my 360 and hooked up my home theater system last night, tried to fire up the 360, and I get sound with no picture. Frustrations! I bust out my PS2, plug it into the same inputs in the TV and it works fine. I then took the 360 downstairs to my 17" lcd tv/monitor and tried it there. Same thing, no picture. I then use the component cables and plug it into the tv/monitor (it's high-def capable) and PRESTO! beautiful picture and sound. Somehow I think the standard def cables or the switch between component and RGB cables got jacked up. I have no clue how this could happen. I'm going to have to go to the store and try to get my cable replaced and hope that was the problem. I really hope it's not a problem with the 360 itself. I have no clue if Bestbuy will let me keep my hard drive if the main part of the system has to be replaced or not. :(

You guys are all talkin bout endurance racing and all that stuff and I have 6 races and 4 cars in my garage :(

I needs to get ma racin' in!

Me and my brother have been tag teaming it since it came out (I'm doing more than him, of course). I also haven't been taking time outs to play Shadowrun and Call of Juarez like some people. :D

The endurance race was 45 laps on Tsukuba, I crashed at about lap 30. Messing up the bumpers of a D class car isn't too bad, they go so slow I don't need much down force. I've done 4 endurance races so far (D, C, B, A class ones), each one is around 50 minutes.

Right now I am level 39, thanks mostly to the endurance races which can raise you a whole level in one shot, even at higher levels.

Hey...I'm easily distracted! (Call of Juarez is a great game and the multiplayer is lots of fun, but really laggy atm)

Anywhooo...you're cheating Voodoo! That is all.

Oh and I tried the online last night. I'm only ever playing it with you guys cause that was by far the worse online experience ever. All these guys did was yell at me for taking too long to choose a car, choosing the wrong car (?), then they kept yelling at me not to hit them (I was in an Acura A class and they were all in S classes :shrug03: ) and when I finally did catch up to one twidiot (he must either really suck or had already crashed) he turns right into me as I'm about to pass and blames it all on me. So he stops and waits for me to lap him and hits me head on (and blames me again). So yeah...bad experience with the children.

What car did you use? I don't know about you but I have a car for each class that is sitting right on the edge of the next class. My C Class car is a Saleen Mustang I think.

17,000 isn't too bad out of the 125,000(I think) you get from the race. Especially you factor in car rarities and levels.

I just won my first C-Class car yesterday -_-

wish I had time to really do some racing! This moving/unpacking stuff sucks big time. I am still early enough into it that I haven't been able to get really attached to one car and upgrade it to be my class car of choice.

What car did you use? I don't know about you but I have a car for each class that is sitting right on the edge of the next class. My C Class car is a Saleen Mustang I think.

17,000 isn't too bad out of the 125,000(I think) you get from the race. Especially you factor in car rarities and levels.

I used my Chevy Cobalt that was the very first car I ever bought. It was right on the bleeding edge between C and B class. This was also the first race in which I won with a car lapped.

Do you always race with a manual transmission Anonymo? I never have before and I was having trouble out the wazoo with it. :P

I liked when you asked me if I had a Buick, and I said yes. You got into yours and it was Class C, I got into mine and it was Class U. You said, "This isn't going to work." :D

I also like how that green Volkswagen thing you have sounds. It's like a souped up go-kart.

Hey, can somebody fix the title of this thread? It's really bothering me that Mo spelled "Forza" wrong. I've been trying to deal with it for weeks and I just can't do it anymore. :peace:

Could you bastids have told me this a little sooner!?!?!?!?! :biglaugha: (fix'd)

Voodoo...you don't use manual? Sorry...I wouldn't have forced it if I had known. (you race dirty btw!!!!)

That buick of yours is a beast...mine definitely looked cooler B)

And yeah...I think that corrado has seen more upgrades than it probably should...if I do another weight reduction and maybe the top end turbo it will do wheelies (which are possible btw) I like how it almost sounds like a sports bike...and handles a lot like one too :biglaugha:

Hey, can somebody fix the title of this thread? It's really bothering me that Mo spelled "Forza" wrong. I've been trying to deal with it for weeks and I just can't do it anymore. :peace:

Could you bastids have told me this a little sooner!?!?!?!?! :biglaugha: (fix'd)

Thank you thank you. I thought everyone knew but no one cared, lol

I also prefer not to race with a manual, I like concentrating on other stuff and on my line than what gear I'm in. There have only been a few rare times where I've wanted to grab another gear and couldn't.

On another note, I have been VERY impressed with the physics engine and car handling characteristics. Since you get bonuses for higher difficulties, I started out on the second highest difficulty and have gotten pretty good. The moment of realization of how much I relied on stability management when playing gran turismo 4 came when I upgraded my GT500KR to a little over 400HP and some medium-sticky tire compound for a high class C rating. At the start of a race, that sucker does a continuous burn-out where the tires don't hook up until 2nd gear where I'm doing 70MPH, lol. After getting smoked at the starting line 2 races in a row, I had to make my gear ratios taller just to get all that power to the road. Looks like I'll have to put some wider shoes on that pony.

I've also been impressed with the damage modeling, one slight little scrape against a retaining wall and my paint job has huge marks all down the side :/

I've also been impressed with the damage modeling, one slight little scrape against a retaining wall and my paint job has huge marks all down the side :/

That or if Voodoo hits you from behind while you're driving a car with a rear engine and you lose your ability to get over 6000 RPMs <_< (I smashed ya good for that one :biglaugha: )

I'm surprised you guys are using automatics. I always used to drive autos until I realized how much faster you can go with a manual. My only problem is accidentally down shifting while accelerating through 3rd gear and doing a number on my tranny (stop snickering!)

Currently I have the controls set up for RT accelerate, LT brake, RB shift up and LB shift down. Takes a few laps to get used to using 2 fingers for the top buttons but eventually (and because of the design of the controller) it feels like second nature.

That or if Voodoo hits you from behind while you're driving a car with a rear engine and you lose your ability to get over 6000 RPMs <_< (I smashed ya good for that one :biglaugha: )

I'm surprised you guys are using automatics. I always used to drive autos until I realized how much faster you can go with a manual. My only problem is accidentally down shifting while accelerating through 3rd gear and doing a number on my tranny (stop snickering!)

Currently I have the controls set up for RT accelerate, LT brake, RB shift up and LB shift down. Takes a few laps to get used to using 2 fingers for the top buttons but eventually (and because of the design of the controller) it feels like second nature.

now THATS funny :biglaugha:

If you'd been driving a good ol' american Corvette Z06, that wouldn't have been a problem ;)

that setup sounds so unnatural to me I don't think I would like it. I would probably just leave the X and B buttons for shifting. I haven't had problems with the automatic at this point, but I may switch eventually. It's taken a lot of concentration racing without assists like ABS, TC, and SC and I haven't exactly had lots of time to practice :D

(edited)

You were going so slow I thought I'd help push you along. :D

But the problem was with default collisions you have to be going at least like, 50 to be able to hit people... so it didn't work very well since you were going so slow.

I saw you do some pretty dirty things too, like in the R1 class race cars when you cut me off and sent me into the wall. :)

The problem I had with the manual transmission is that the default buttons are weird. They have it so the B button is shifting down and the X button is shifting up, which makes no sense to me. So I constantly shifted down when I meant to shift up. I didn't mind using a manual transmission, it was a new experience for me.

Edited by VooDooPC