My Recommendation: Avoid Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus

This board is aweful. Out of the blue, my NIC's just failed. I did some research and it seems to be a problem with this board. All connections are a limited or no connection and that is about it. I dual booted into XP and Vista and the problem exists with both OS's. This is absurd; I've had problems with this board from the very beginning. I'm just going to buy a new NIC and call it good. Will not buy another ASUS board, period.

still liking my new p5k deluxe. though i wish i'd go the gigabyte p35. anyway, i think the problems you're having have more to do with the 650i chipset then with asus. it's garbage, plain and simple. i wouldn't even buy the 680i. it's just way too buggy and based on your exp. with nvidia gfx drivers it makes me want an nvidia chipset mobo even less.

nvidia since nf4 hasn't been as good. i loved my nf4 but i've heard of so many problems with these new 6 series chipsets and the 5 series were a complete write off.

what do you mean by hybrid board?

nvidia since nf4 hasn't been as good. i loved my nf4 but i've heard of so many problems with these new 6 series chipsets and the 5 series were a complete write off.

what do you mean by hybrid board?

The board is part 650i and part another. Here, this is a better explanation.

They took the recently introduced 650i SLI SPP (C55) and paired it with the 570 SLI MCP (MCP55) utilized in the AMD 570/590 SLI product lines. ASUS called this innovative melding of an Intel SPP and AMD MCP based chipsets their Dual x16 Chipset with HybridUp Technology. Whatever you want to call it, we know it just flat out works and does so for around $185 as you will see in our test results shortly.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2958