Shadowrun

anonymo

I guess this could double on the PC board as it's cross platform. Just picked it up yesterday and it's a blast. Took a while to complete the training missions as there are lots of features and abilities that I've never come across in a FPS before. The action is fast paced and frantic. It plays a lot like CS, round based objective maps. Actually while I was playing my first few rounds online last night I really felt like it was the CS of the console world. The only thing that really bothers me is the auto-aim (voodoo, this is auto-aim...) which you cannot turn off. It didn't seem to trip me up too badly but I found myself wanting it to go away on more than one occasion. It's there to even the playing field between PCs and Xbox's but I'd much rather some kind of quick turn system instead of auto aim...oh well it was a lot of fun regardless and will easily satiate me until Halo 3.

• 2 weeks later...
I was thinking of getting it when I finally get Vista as I refuse to play FPS games on consoles, however after I heard about what a lack of content there was, I decided not to.

You play CS...this game has 5x the content of CS.

Shadowrun is, as best as I can describe it, the CS of the console world. It's round based with a buy menu but there are more than just weapons at your disposal. I played some more last night and it can be loads of fun. I recommend everyone get this (if you have a 360). And as far as I know the PC version has been nerfed (I think they force a certain mouse sensitivity or something, I'm sure Voodoo will enlighten me to my use of auto-aim or something)

I broke down and rented this full game..... and not only do I like it but I am also REALLY good at it. Now if only I could play CS like I play Shadow Run.

Make me a Dwarf and give me a shotgun and I'll be happy.

LOL...my quote from a game I played yesterday...just before the game loaded while everyone could still hear eachother I said (in a somewhat Irish/Pirate accent)

"Thars nothin like lookin between yer legs to see a dwarf starin at you in the face with a cocked shotgun!"

Needless to say the server erupted in laughter and it wasn't until the second round that everyone was playing "normally"

I'm completely addicted to this game now...

Word is they are going to be making a game update where the plan to give us some more Tech, and maybe some Side (RNA/Liniage) Specific Items.

I also have heard this...new weapons were on the list too...

I wish this game was ranked :(

I played this game at a friend's place last night. It was pretty dang fun. I chose being an Elf equipped with a katana. It was pretty funny running past people, gibbing them with a sword, and running/teleporting away around a corner.