how to pick match players?

Kurtz

Ill start a new thing any other ideas or anyone like one that has been put out so far.

choices ive thought of:

1.random name pulling

2.teams/clans stick with eachother with 1 extra to make 6(if we go 5 per guild)then rotate clans week by week.

3.sign ups: Post sign up sheets at begining of week and first come first serve

4.sign up by maps: post all maps and peeps can sign up for which they want(big mess waiting to happen)20 guys sign up for dust2 1 for torn just my thoughts.

any other ideas

announce availability

choose team

choose backups

- literal standbys- time matters fellas (good arguement for RW at this time)

your not on IM....click open ;-)

with a good strat and designed do's and donts...everyone could learn a position, then we can integrate as needed ... but some will work better as groups.

Sign up sheet sounds good. I'd say sign up deadline is 1 week before game time. Minimum 2 scrims during the week and a strategy session prior to gametime.

Also, not sure how this works but what happens if we get attacked and attack during the same week. Is this possible? For example, we have all the land and each team has only 1 map left. They are all surrounded by us so there only option is to attack one of our maps. Conceivably, we might be playing 11 matches on one day? Er...I better go read the rules again... :o

ahh...

The matches for each week will be made using the following information. The WD Match Coordinator (MC) will start with the highest ranked clan from the most recent week’s matches. He will see what opponents border this clan's territories. The #1 ranked clan will then be scheduled to play the lowest ranked clan that borders their territory.

The Match Coordinator will then continue down the Rankings to the next highest ranked clan that is not yet scheduled to play a match. The MC will then go through the same process of checking which unscheduled clans are bordering this clan's territories and matching them up with the lowest ranked clan out of these.

This process will continue until all the possible matches are made. There may be some clans who don’t play during a given week due to the geographic location they occupy and the schedules of the opponents around them. These resting teams will go to the top of the rankings for the next week. If there is more than one resting team, they will be placed on top of the new weeks ranking in order of their last week's rankings.

8P)

ahh...

The matches for each week will be made using the following information. The WD Match Coordinator (MC) will start with the highest ranked clan from the most recent week’s matches. He will see what opponents border this clan's territories. The #1 ranked clan will then be scheduled to play the lowest ranked clan that borders their territory.

The Match Coordinator will then continue down the Rankings to the next highest ranked clan that is not yet scheduled to play a match. The MC will then go through the same process of checking which unscheduled clans are bordering this clan's territories and matching them up with the lowest ranked clan out of these.

This process will continue until all the possible matches are made. There may be some clans who don’t play during a given week due to the geographic location they occupy and the schedules of the opponents around them. These resting teams will go to the top of the rankings for the next week. If there is more than one resting team, they will be placed on top of the new weeks ranking in order of their last week's rankings.

8P)

My take on that so its clear is lets say theres 4 lands around us and we have best record.We will fight the clan with the worst record,kinda like a bracket tourny #1 gets #4 and #2 gets#3 seems simple enough any dif. takes on that?

Also from yer:

announce availability

choose team

choose backups

- literal standbys- time matters fellas (good arguement for RW at this time)

how should we pick teams random or by signup order or?

The people who show up for practice should be first on the list of players for the matches. Since Kurtz is taking on the lead here I'd probably let him pick teams. I don't think anyone would feel he was slighting any other team.

As soon as the map is decided and our surrounding territories.

I say lets call a 2 hour practice session on CsLs this sunday at game time. We will basically go through the map rotation. Given 30 minute map times, that's 4 maps. We do this every week until the season starts.

It will should be the backups vs the starters unless the teams are set for the next match.

Practices will only be good if there's at least a 4on4. Since matches are 6on6, a minimal 4on4 practice is necessary. So if we can't even get 8 to show up every sunday, we will need more players to join CCC.