Insurgency mod comes out tomorrow

VooDooPC

i have it installed...

quite different then I expected... right now I suck at it, so I hate it... I don't think I have even killed anyone yet.

But I will keep pluggin away at it until I get a feeling for the game. If played correctly, much slower pace then CSS.

what blows is the view distance. the one left where the insurgents start way up on a cliff overlooking the us is ridiculous. next time i play that game i'll take a ss and post it up to show you guys what i mean.

(edited)

The line of sight is pretty low on almost every map, which does suck. What I do is look at an angle so what I want too see is at the very edge of my screen. You can see a lot further that way. HDR also seems to decrease the view distance slightly.

HDR straight on.

hdrstraight.jpg

HDR looking at the edge of the screen.

hdrside.jpg

No HDR straight on.

nohdrstraight.jpg

No HDR looking at the edge of the screen.

nohdrside.jpg

Edited by VooDooPC

Just look at the screens...

No map or radar.. that thing on the top is worthless.

The squad menu is garbage... they should of just copied the BF2 GUI. I couldn't even figure out how to change my class (went to options -> keyboard and saw no such option in there!)

Granted, I haven't played this most recent patch

(edited)

The idea is too make it as realistic as possible. If in real life your squad leader doesn't tell you what too do you would be just as lost as you are in game. There's no radars that soldiers have access too and you can't pull out a map in the middle of fighting too figure out where you are. There's no ammo count because realistically you have no idea how much ammo is in a gun. There's no HP bars because either you got hit and are going to die in the next hit, or you got hit and are already dead.

The squad menu does all it needs to do, lets you change your class and squad. It's "," by the way, under "Change Squad" in the options menu.

Edited by VooDooPC

I remember a game came out for the PC many many years ago called Trespasser, it had the same no UI idea. When you picked up a gun the lady would say "Feels full" or "Feels almost empty". I'm wondering how much different a full gun feels from an empty gun and if you can notice as you fire off rounds.

Guns are lighter when the clip is empty... You load up your clip yourself, you know how many bullets are in their as you fire away and count. If anything you will reload at the first dry-fire. The only thing holding this game back is the garbage UI.