My office is empty.

Playaa

I specifically asked a coworker yesterday if we get the 4th off and he said no. However, he and I both get to work at 6 a.m. each day but it's 8:45 and he's not here.

Not only is he not here...no one is...at all...anywhere.

I am 100% alone in an office with 20+ people at 9 in the morning...I'm gonna be royally tinkled if I didn't get the memo (especially considering my drive in to work is an hour).

<_<

mine too! there's usually at least a few other telecommuters here at this hour...

canadians, where are you? you best not be taking the day off on account of OUR achievements...

(hi mo!)

photo.jpg

because the owner of my company is a very stingy man who believes that everyone in the world exists to steal from him.

seriously, he won't let anyone even bring a laptop into the building because when he used to go to customers and competitors offices he would steal anything he could get ahold of, so he believes everyone will do that.

btw, it's now 10:00 am and no one is here still...I think I'm gonna be alone all day.

:(

yes I do get paid holidays, but much fewer than the rest of the United States.

I'm not sure if the 4th was one of them (and I've learned in the past not to assume on any given holiday)...either way, I went home.

back at work again...let's see if I really did miss the memo...or maybe everyone in my company died and I just don't know it.

oddly enough the coworker who usually gets here at 6 am with me every single day, isn't here again. He probably took today and Friday as vacation days but I'm not sure.