Lag spike issue

KagE

Hello, I was wondering if you guys could help me with a with css.

Recently I've been having these lag spikes almost every time a new round starts, and they last around 20-30 seconds, whether it is in recrudescence or any pub server.

It only started last week and I haven't found any solution. I haven't changed anything to the options in cs or my config or anything.

Could it be some cs option or something that makes cs freeze everytime a new round starts?

Any help is appreciated!

Is it a freeze, or choppy lag?

If it's lag, you should check your rates.

In console:

rate ---------- try 25000

cl_cmdrate--- try 66-100

cl_updaterate try 66-100

You might have loss or choke issues.

(edited)

well, at the end of the round, when one of the teams wins, it goes on for a few seconds then freezes, nothing happens, it just stops. after a while it says WARNING: Connection Problem at the top right corner then it usually comes back after 15+ seconds.

As for the choke, it can go up to 80, depends on the maps i guess, I'm playing on cbble right now and getting 0-10 choke.

Edited by Kajahf

sounds to me like you don't have steady bandwidth from your carrier but I'm not sure. Try disconnecting all other porgs that access the internet like IM clients, mail checkers etc. Since it happens at round start and end when most of the info is sent back and forth to the server it could be your updaterate. play with the rates a little and see what happens.

I am on wired connection, we have a rooter with 4 computers connected to it, it has always been like that, we didnt change anything to either internet or any computer settings.

Also I forgot to mention, we've also recently noticed some lag when surfing web pages on internet explorer, even when no one was downloading, that started 2-3 weeks ago, and I first noticed this problem last thursday.

I've been observing the net graph lag spikes happened today, and right when it ends, I get ~1000-1200 in the IN: area, also 60+ choke, then it goes back to normal in a few seconds the IN: area is usually around 50-200 and the choke ~0-20.

I don't know what the IN: area is, but rises up everytime i get lag spikes