cs_siege_2k7

Windex

(edited)

Alright, so I'm making siege for source.. yes there are already a few versions out there but they all pretty much suck and lack creativity/source quality.

Questions:

1. To keep it authentic I'd like to keep the canyon/CT spawn dark to look like the first release of siege. however to compensate for this, the outside area near the garage entrance will be lit up clear as day with lighting.

Do you think this will be a problem with making it playable? (please keep in mind there is NVG for a reason)

2. I'd like to make the T side of the map a little more elaborate. Do you think this will cause more inside camping for the T's instead of bringing some of the action outside like the original?

*******************************************FORUM ADMINS***************************************************

Yes this a map post, however i need valuable input and only 6 people visit the map forum. please leave thread here temporarily or leave ghost topic.

Edited by Windex

Heck, T's always stayed inside period when I played.

Here's what I think would make that map truly killer: destructable lights outside the garage. However, I don't even know if this is possible with the source engine.

Also, make it dark, but don't make it impossible to see without NVG--keep in mind that NVG's are a joke for a reason in the world of CSS :-)

Also, if you could work in the mobile APC like in the original original map...that'd kick so much arse :peace:

the mobile APC has deffinately been an idea. i'm making the outside more like a locked down and protected area. much like a military restricted area, fencing, realistic guard stand in the road (kinda like you're driving down a mountain road and in a valley there is a military facility.) in other words, i'll post a SS of the outside area within a week for all to see the progress. i'll try and incorporate some of the dark area's so you can get a feel for the lighting.

If memory serves me correctly the door in the garage that leads to the stairs/sewers had pretty rough cover for ct.s Terrorist could just snipe down the aisle as ct's ran up the stairs...maybe add in some alcohoves where ct's can take cover or something? (kinda like all the alchoves you find in cs_italy)

aye mate, good suggestion.. i'm making it similar.. it's going to be a fairly decent remake. kind of on the scale of changes made to inferno. still has the same feel but quite a bit of change. in other words it's not going to be a dinky un-realistic map. it will be a very realistic military installation in the mountains. i'm going to be taking full advantage of the 3d skybox to give it a very good setting. this should be one of the top notch source maps setting the par for those to come :)

ok ok maybe i'm getting a bit overboard but i haven't had this much vision for a map in a LONG time so i will be going ALL OUT! (and still FPS conscious as well lol)

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

find someone in the community that can model one and we'll see about getting that to happen :)

Is anyone opposed to a layout change? (it adds one more entrance into the bunker/garage)

Edited by Windex

(edited)

I've been mapping for quite a while, i'm pretty hip to most of it :)

I would be interested in some materials and bspzip though.

Some GC logo's could certainly work their way into here. I'm always open to ideas.

Possibly make GC member offices in the lab? :)

**I don't like messing with materials so feel free!**

---------------------------------------------------------

Fatty yes i know we still need the "Mmmm" Mansion. but i'm thinking it should be a GC Office Complex or something.. we've outgrown our britches lol

Edited by Windex

I'm not much into artistry although I'm semi-competent with the GIMP. I don't know how similar HL2's material system is to HL's, but a lot of mappers don't seem to know much about it and certainly aren't making much use of some interesting features like alpha-blending on displacements.

(edited)

Approaching garage Entrance from CT Spawn

http://pictures.peveley.com/siege4.jpg

rounding corner from CT spawn

http://pictures.peveley.com/siege5.jpg

heading back toward CT Spawn

http://pictures.peveley.com/siege6.jpg

Looking at bridge from far right ct spawn

http://pictures.peveley.com/siege7.jpg

Looking at employee entrance under bridge (far left ct spawn)

http://pictures.peveley.com/siege8.jpg

Dumpster Area

http://pictures.peveley.com/siege9.jpg

As always, still Tons more work to be done.. yes some things look plain, detail comes last!

Edited by Windex

Alright Update:

CT Spawn is almost complete, Outside is almost complete, T Spawn still needs formed. (the T Spawn layout will be changed to create realism. Also thinking about adding a sewer entrance into the main LAB at T Spawn.

Note: I will be Releasing 2 versions of this map once it's complete.

1 Updated Remake cs_siege

1 Remake + my additions cs_siege_win

Alright Update:

CT Spawn is almost complete, Outside is almost complete, T Spawn still needs formed. (the T Spawn layout will be changed to create realism. Also thinking about adding a sewer entrance into the main LAB at T Spawn.

Note: I will be Releasing 2 versions of this map once it's complete.

1 Updated Remake cs_siege

1 Remake + my additions cs_siege_win

*cracks whip*