Metroid Prime 3

YoMamma

Has anyone played it yet?

I bought it on Tues, but I won't be able to play the game until this weekend since I left my Wii at home. I guess I'll post again about it after the weekend is over and I finally get to play it.

Nintendo Power gave the game 10/10 so I'm assuming it's pretty dang good. The last 10 they gave for a game was RE4, and that well deserved it's score. GameTrailers gave it a 9.6 I think as well, so I don't think anyone would be disappointed.

Played the game. Beat the game.

Every single boss battle is the most epic experience on my life. This is by far, one of the greatest video games ever to be created and played. In all seriousness, I can die a happy man. The visuals, music, battles, controls, OH GOD the controls. It's all perfect. Love it.

After playing it this weekend, I must say that I'm impressed. The controls are much better than I would have guessed. They move so smoothly and slow enough that you can aim, but fast enough that you can look around. I just beat the first boss today and won't be able to play again until this Fri, but I can't wait.

• 9 months later...

Since I finally beat Zelda: TP and RE4 in the last two weeks, I cracked open Prime 3 for the first time yesterday.

All I can say is WOW. The controls and gameplay are absolutely perfect, and I'm amazed at how much they were able to push out of the Wii with the graphics. I really didn't think there was any kind of learning curve to the controls as they all felt pretty natural right from the start (in RE4, it took me about 15 minutes to really get adjusted to the Wii controls, although they were still pretty good). I've only had a couple boss fights thus far, and the second one (falling in the shaft) was particularly epic. I haven't played any of the Metroid games since Super Metroid on the SNES, and I now feel like I should pick up a wireless GC controller and Prime 1 & 2. The only disappointing part would be that I couldn't use the Wiimote for them :(

I'm extremely impressed, definitely a must-have for Wii owners!