Enemy Territory Quake Wars Demo is out today

bushwack

Just got done playing for about 10 minutes, about all I could stand. First where is the grafix options? The game seems to be running at 640x480 or something cause my ice cube tray has a higher resolution. And since I have a CRT and no game ships with v-sync enabled there is that familiar tearing that I cannot stand more then the previous comment. Plus there seems to be no keyboard config so I hit every key on the keyboard till I hit G and hopped on a 4-wheeler and take off. Went to where the action seemed to be and got blown off my ride. This time after I spawned I got in a armored thingy with a gun. Went to the where the action was again but this time I just sat in the car and looked out for a minute just to try to figure out not only what to do, but just what the bacon was going on. Seems I'm suppose to fix the bridge (game seems like UT's Assault mode) When you die in this game you die quick. I respawn and fix the bridge, next we need to destroy some whatever core. I'm starting to get kills (look for the red above the bad guys, I pretend the are people from the Arby's commercials) and figuring out the game. Then I get team killed by being run over by a APC.

I wasn't even online, THE BOTS ARE SO FREAKING REAL MAN.

Just got done playing for about 10 minutes, about all I could stand. First where is the grafix options? The game seems to be running at 640x480 or something cause my ice cube tray has a higher resolution. And since I have a CRT and no game ships with v-sync enabled there is that familiar tearing that I cannot stand more then the previous comment. Plus there seems to be no keyboard config so I hit every key on the keyboard till I hit G and hopped on a 4-wheeler and take off. Went to where the action seemed to be and got blown off my ride. This time after I spawned I got in a armored thingy with a gun. Went to the where the action was again but this time I just sat in the car and looked out for a minute just to try to figure out not only what to do, but just what the bacon was going on. Seems I'm suppose to fix the bridge (game seems like UT's Assault mode) When you die in this game you die quick. I respawn and fix the bridge, next we need to destroy some whatever core. I'm starting to get kills (look for the red above the bad guys, I pretend the are people from the Arby's commercials) and figuring out the game. Then I get team killed by being run over by a APC.

I wasn't even online, THE BOTS ARE SO FREAKING REAL MAN.

I had a quick "against the computer" 10 minutes on it at lunch, there are gfx options, but it took me a few minutes to find them. Had it up and running at 1680x1050 with settings on high and after some initial stuttering during my first drop in, which I think was textures loading or something it ran very smoothly.

I didn't get onto the Beta when it was out, but from what I can see of this, it looks like a blast, as you said, you don't last long if you take a few hits.

I hate bots.

Not because they're not people, but because you know they're not getting mad when you kill them ;)

I just played it for 10 minutes and quit too. I just kept dying. It was very pretty though with everything maxed out! I think I ran around 30fps (ish) - didnt have fraps open, but that's just a guess from the smoothness.

Edited by DarkArchon

Found the settings, in bot mode with everything maxed I hit around 30 fps too. But online with about 10 players my fps was 60+, guess my CPU can't feed the bots fast enough. Didn't seem to matter too if my res was 800x600 or 1600x1200.

Gonna pass on this one and wait till UT3.

So should I download this tonight or pass it up? Haven't really liked anything quake related since quake2

BTW where the heck is Primus on this thread? He's been saying for like a year that quakewars will be the best game ever, and I got a big fat "told ya so" wound up and ready to launch

Edited by Wentz