$679 42" Phillips 1080p tv

Playaa

here

is that an insane price or just a good price?

it is "Factory Renewed" which means that it's a return, has been tested, has a 90-day guarantee but "may contain physical blemishes".

still worth it? I said I probably wouldn't buy until I found a 42" in the $600 range (this is $764 after shipping/taxes)

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

Just don't get a Philips Plasma TV. Their line of Plasma TVs are unreliable. I have three buddies that have had the worst luck with their Plasma line. One of them went through three bad plasmas. He ended up returning all three to Costco and ended up with a Panasonic Plasma. Panasonic is good. I have one. ;)

Just don't get a Philips Plasma TV. Their line of Plasma TVs are unreliable. I have three buddies that have had the worst luck with their Plasma line. One of them went through three bad plasmas. He ended up returning all three to Costco and ended up with a Panasonic Plasma. Panasonic is good. I have one. ;)

It says it's an LCD. I wasn't even aware that Phillips made plasmas, but their LCDs are generally very good quality. Panasonic is one of the best plasma manufacturers by far.

More on topic...that is an amazing buy! Too bad they probably sold out instantly. Factory/manufacturer refurbished is the best way to go, nothing like having a stateside factory technician inspect and fix your TV before you buy it.