I have a coworker who complains that he's not "profitable".

Playaa

Right, so I work for a small software company...we have 3 programmers and 13 total employees. One of the programmers (who is a nice, but slightly annoying guy) actually complains to the OWNER if he doesn't feel he has enough work to do. Like, he complains when he is not being "profitable" and he will actually take 2 hours vacation time during a day (even though he's still in the office the whole time) just to "maintain profitability".

Mostly I'm just venting...but how in the world do you work with a guy like that? You'd think it would be a managers dream...but even the owner of the company gets annoyed by him and has actually told him he wasn't allowed to talk during a staff meeting once (which cut the meeting from it's usual 1 hour, to a healthy 25 minutes...seriously). He's actually gone out of his way to tell the owner that his manager didn't give him enough work to do.

bleh.

:freak3:

Or just tell him that the company would be more profitable if the staff didnt have to stop doing their work to entertain his constant blubbering. And inform him that there are other companies out there that can surely keep him busier if he isnt satisfied...I hear the lunch rush at McDonalds can be quite hectic.