email

dragonfly

So I got home from church this afternoon, turned on my pc, walked out of the room, and apparently I sent an email to eveyone on my contact list about ebay. So that really sucks.

I found out because when I went to sign onto msn it said that my contacts had added me again, which was weird. So I clicked add, then looked at my junkmail. I had a bunch of delivery failure notices, and it said i had sent an email to a tonne of people about ebay (I dont even have an account there). So now I'm running the virus scan (havent had one in 5 years, I dont download anything basically) and am going to delete all my hotmail/msn contacts, and change my password. Anything else I should know/do?

It won't necessarily be a problem on your pc, it could well be someone duping your email address and they don't even need to have actual access to your account to do so, I've had it happen to me (on a previous work email address).

Definitely do a scan, but it's quite possible that you'll not find anything.

Edited by Leveller

Thanks, that's good news. Also, the addy that it said to reply to in the email was posyuw888@hotmail.com, which I've never seen before. I'm tempted to send it a nasty email :)

I've also deleted all internet files (passwords, temporary, cookies, etc) just incase.

(edited)

i would not only try an av scan but also try a spybot s+d scan.

also, take a look at your sent items. also, try and see what the e-mail actually said. it could be a phishing scam that you'll want to warn your contacts about.

btw, i'd be freaked out if this happened to me.

Edited by Cujo

Yeah, it happened again apparently, and to some people it got sent to. I'm going to do a reinstall tonight probably, if I have time. Stupid people with their stupid programs doing stupid things. I also lost some emails online in my hotmail account. :S