New Forum Addition

Flitterkill

If embedded YouTubes aren't enough to horrify our masses, how about some musicks?

footer.jpg

You'll find the BB code link in the Quick Access menu on the left of the editor when you make a post.

Deezer is the joint - they had some chop a few months back but the embedded player seems to work good now. They don't have everything and some labels are grayed out in certain markets for the time being but this is better than nothing.

You do not have to register - just search for an artist, when you start playing stuff, the player is on the right. Just grab the song ID (should just be a number) at the end of the perma-link displayed underneath the player and drop it in between our BB code. No, you can't just drop the blog code directly into our forums. That would be all html and is not allowed here on this interweb space.

Awww, the Astely is all grayed out - shame that...

Have some Player instead.

footer.jpg

For streamed audio, the quality is astounding.

-Fk

Odd - what version of Flash Player do you have installed? I've checked 2.0.0.11 on 3 computers now and all is well.

-Fk

i think this is what he's talking about.

dirkadirka.jpg

also, it's lol'able that the legal page for deezer is in french. this doesn't strike me as legal, but hey, don't let me call the kettle black :D

--> fk, where (and how) do you find these fringe services?

_sj

GC Board Member

First I've seen that. Might just be a sig render thing with the flash at the end. Kick a few carriage returns after the Deezer BB code to give it some space I guess. That or your Mac hates Deezer.

Deezer used to be known as blogmusik and they quietly we're doin their French thing, then, as does happen on the internet from time to time, folks found out about them state-side, and then stuff happened.

As for legality, now it's all good.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/08/21/blogm...demand-service/

The above explains why some stuff is grayed out (pending deals with some labels). Then again, it may just be for France, but I don't think I'll let that stop us :)

I still can't get over the fact this stuff streams so well from France.

Also note that supposedly the embedded flash player is supposed to just be kicking mono, but, that is not always the case and the stereo stuff (like that Rush clip) does sound purdy.

-Fk

I type something here

footer.jpg

footer.jpg

I type something there

Wierd, this looks fine on my work PC.

footer.jpg

^ this one was greyed, but if you play the prev completely, it'll play this one next and then you can get the code for it :D

Edited by Beliwdered