Got Banned

Guest Japscatt

Guest Japscatt
Guest Japscatt
Guest Japscatt
Guests
(edited)

Hey guys,

I got banned from your server and I was just wondering what I did. I was on your Call Of D server Team Deathmatch at 12:28am eastern. Screen name is Japscatt.

I am new to this game (3rd day) and I guess maybe I don't know your rules yet. It's not really a huge deal if you choose not to unban me. If I broke a rule then I broke a rule. It's just that I can't learn not to do something if I don't know. I checked your website under your rules and I didn't see any gameplay rules, just etiqutte rules.

I am an BF1942 player and I was with TLB so understand how this goes. As I have kicked and banned my fair share also.

Thanks for your time guys

Japscatt

Edited by Japscatt

Hey guys,

I got banned from your server and I was just wondering what I did. I was on your Call Of D server Team Deathmatch at 12:28am eastern. Screen name is Japscatt.

I am new to this game (3rd day) and I guess maybe I don't know your rules yet. It's not really a huge deal if you choose not to unban me. If I broke a rule then I broke a rule. It's just that I can't learn not to do something if I don't know. I checked your website under your rules and I didn't see any gameplay rules, just etiqutte rules.

I am an BF1942 player and I was with TLB so understand how this goes. As I have kicked and banned my fair share also.

Thanks for your time guys

Japscatt

First of all... welcome to our website :). I don't recall your name but I'll search the server logs. However I didn't find anything unusual, I'll check my MORKeye (chat logs) later but if not I'll unban you later tonight unless another admin comes on here with some info.

Hi there JS!

Thanks for posting up - I was the admin that banned you. We run clean/friendly servers, since we've found that style of gameplay promotes good times and a competitive atmosphere.

So with that in mind, Clueless is spot-on. Your name (whether you intended it or not) is pretty offensive. It appears both racist and obscene. I usually warn/kick/ban based on level of severity. In my experience, players with racist names tend to have the worst attitudes, argue on the server, and never change their name. I just lumped you in that same category.

However -- if it was an honest mistake, perhaps I was too hasty with my banning. If you wouldn't mind changing your name, I'd be happy to unban you and we'd all love to see you as another one of our regulars on our server. :)

Guest Japscatt
Guest Japscatt
Guest Japscatt
Guests

Thanks Guys. I started the screen name about 6 years ago with Everquest. At that time I did realize what I was doing but then it just stuck with me and I liked the name for the name, not the meaning. I understand though. Like I said I was a TLB (The Lazy Bastards) for 2 years and they run the same type of server (clean, mature, etc) and nothing was ever said to me.

Again I understand and if I play your server again I will use a different profile witha cleaner name.

Thanks again

Thanks Guys. I started the screen name about 6 years ago with Everquest. At that time I did realize what I was doing but then it just stuck with me and I liked the name for the name, not the meaning. I understand though. Like I said I was a TLB (The Lazy Bastards) for 2 years and they run the same type of server (clean, mature, etc) and nothing was ever said to me.

Again I understand and if I play your server again I will use a different profile witha cleaner name.

Thanks again

Ok, cool stuff. I unbanned ya.

What's your name gonna be, so I can say hi when you're on the server?

Guest Japscatt
Guest Japscatt
Guest Japscatt
Guests

I am going to use Mons. It's my last name backwards (Snow). My TI in basic training was handing out our name tapes and called out Mons instead of Snow, then they sewed it on my field jacket that way too :( So I occasionally use that nick.

Also I'm assuming you want to change my screen name here in the forums too. Just let me know.

Ok, I put the request in to change your name in the forums to "Mons" -- I can't do it myself. After that's done, it should be easier to tell who you are in the forums, in case you post up about server suggestions, ban requests, etc.

Interesting backstory there btw... funny how nicknames stick sometimes, eh?

Guest Japscatt
Guest Japscatt
Guest Japscatt
Guests
(edited)
What server did you play on EQ btw?

On EQ I played on Erollisi Marr and and on EQ2 I am on Crushbone.

Edited by Japscatt