GC IRC Channel?

ZeroDamage

I am on IRC all the time and have been for a long time. I decided to look the other day to see if there were a #gc channel and there was but it looks like someone else owns it. Lots of bots with the "oh my" name variation. I figured no one here has that so I decided to look for #gamerscoalition and behold, it was empty and no one else has it. This is all on EFNet.

So currently I am holding that channel for anyone in GC who has the means to retain control of that channel and maintain it. I can do it if anyone wants. Either way, let me know if this is something none of you care about and I will release the channel back so whoever wants it can take control of it.

I keep IRC up 24/7 and I sit in #technoterrorist if you need to yell at me and I am not on xfire or something.

By the way, if there is a concern with you all not knowing how to filter content and language and what not on IRC, I can help with that. FYI, EFNet is my network of choice.

(edited)

I am assuming no one is interested in this. If I do not hear otherwise today, I will be dropping the #gamerscoalition channel.

By the way, a client can be pretty easily added to the website with the Jirc client.

And bad language can be dealt with via a bot script which I have.

Edited by ZeroDamage

I am assuming no one is interested in this. If I do not hear otherwise today, I will be dropping the #gamerscoalition channel.

By the way, a client can be pretty easily added to the website with the Jirc client.

And bad language can be dealt with via a bob script which I have.

I'm up for IRC... don't drop it!

Aww, that's a pity. As I would really have liked it if I didn't have to launch IRC and have a chat built into this bulletin board. Chat programs while at work... yea... not gonna sit well with my manager. But if it's a browser based chat plug-in... :D

don't all the cool gamers hang out on irc.gamesurge.net?

I used to hang out on GamesNET back in the day, which is now the Gamesurge network after one of them got kicked off the panel. That guy also happened to own the domain. I wouldn't say anyone there was a "cool-kid" but it was nice to be in a more gamer oriented atmosphere.

Whatever floats your boat guys. I do not have any bots on any other network so I cannot help you on the other networks. EFnet was the first and pretty much the only network I've used. I hop on freenode when I need to chat with a Ubuntu guy but beyond that, this is the network I reside on. I can help you out on this network; you will be on your own on any other though I could probably help in any way I can.

Gamesurge has it's own chanserv to regulate user/access for a channel. You do not need to run an array of eggdrops just to hold onto channels. I can easily moderate the channel if we do use this network, but would you at least idle here as well ZD? I mean it is your idea so I dont want to impose, I just think a gaming irc network would be a better fit.

I am trying to get the channel registered right now while I have time, point your irc client to irc.gamesurge.net and channel #gamerscoalition .