Single Player Half Life

Crowbar

I noticed someone said in another post that they've never played the single player missions on Half Life. Made me wonder how many of you have ever played through the game. I don't think I ever beat it, I got almost there but never beat it. Then I played and beat Opposing Force and Blue Shift. All three games are great fun in single player. In my opinion, and certainly in the opinions of others, Half Life is perhaps the best game ever created for PC. If anyone hasn't played through the missions, I seriously recommend doing so. And if you haven't played Half Life online, try that too, it's a blast. (Datacore is the best packaged map for internet play)

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

I beat it.

I almost beat Opposing-Force but I stopped playing.

mine is glitched. I cant beat it. :(

Once you get to Gohnark and fight him for awhile. You are supposed to run down this tunnel and fall the the ground under a spiderweb. Then Gohnark is supposed to run after you and jump on top of the web so you can fight him. However Gohnark simply gets to the edge of the tunnel, invincible to your weapons, and never moves no matter what you.

oohhh well.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Got near the end, but then the CS addiction set in. I mean I... uh...

Yah went pretty far in Half Life and Oppposing force, atleast i thought so but then it got boring and frustrating cause I kept forgetting to save so I went back to CS, yah I played CS at a friends house before I ever played HL.

Just like all the other games (doom, quake, wc, cc) i played them until i started messing with multiplayer, and then never went back. I am proud to say I don't think I've ever solved a single game...ever! (Well, does Myst count?) :rolleyes:

I played through it at least 3 times maybe more. I own at least 4 copies(3 for pc and 1 for PS2) and possibly more that I dont know about. And the problem is next time I format my pc I have to buy another one because I only have my PS2 version CD dont know where the PC ones are.

Guest Ex-Archaic nonMCC number owning
Guests

Never beat half life but i am close... beat opposing force and blue shift though. Anyway Opposing Force > Half-Life for single player

Oh and opposing force multiplayer owned too ;)

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

If you want to call "Myst" a game. We could probably debate this for a while but in all reality, Myst isn't much of a game.

Now... "Shadow Gate", that is a game. Anyone remember that game? Cool as hell. I got stuck on the giant Lion part there for a while.