COD4 Petition for Hardcore

[LaW]Maverick

COD4 HArdcore Mode  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I nuke the whole community with an email, we'll end up with opinions from who knows where. What I see here is a sample of those who are both a) active in the community forums

and 2) interested in COD4.

I say make the change. If someone feels blindsided, we can obviously say that this topic was present in the forums for a good while.

However, diplomacy might beg a bit of a delay here........sooooooo........what would be more effective than an email to a community where 85% (or more) of the recipients don't play the game would be an in-game message relaying that a major server change is in the balance....and that those who wish to give input should find this topic (should we relocate this to the COD4 forum?).

"That should fetch just the kind of Lords we are looking for..."

could we try a hardcore night like we do with custom map night in css for awhile. the thing that concerns me with going to hardcore all the time is the server traffic. right now we are 945th in server traffic for all cod4 servers. also in order to get rid of marty and all the other perks we cant stand we would have to run the pam mod like they do with cal matches. :smillie_smilling:

We could try something like 1/2 the week Hardcore and 1/2 the week Normal and see which works out better for traffic.

Meh, I say we just make the switch and let it ride for a few days to see what happens.

The reason being is you have 13 people here who don't regularly play on the gc server as much as they normally would BECAUSE it's not HC. that is half the server right there (just 'bout) and the HC servers I play on are ALWAYS full. When I get a slot I'm usually #30/30 or 29/30

Ok, I switched over the server to hardcore mode. Frag on, folks.

And Hellbound - I hope you don't mind the switch. We'll start off with that temporarily and see what happens. If things start going downhill fast, we can switch it back just as easily (using ModernRcon even).