Itagaki Leaving + Suing Tecmo

Saris

http://kotaku.com/5012535/itagaki-leaving-tecmo-suing-tecmo

"NINJA GAIDEN 2, which will launch on the 3rd of June will be the last NINJA GAIDEN I will create. I will also never be able to make DEAD OR ALIVE 5."

Music to my ears. Maybe now he'll stop butchering what was once a great series and demeaning both men and women alike with overly accentuated, one-dimensional characters.

Not that it really bothers me, mind you, but I've never liked violence and sex for the sake of violence and sex in any media form. I loved all the original Ninja Gaidens, can't stand any of the newer ones and DOA is a joke of a fighting game compared to, well, just about any other fighting game. So, this is nothing but good news to me.

I loved all the original Ninja Gaidens, can't stand any of the newer ones

While I fully agree with your other comments, this one makes no sense to me whatsoever...did you play the new NG? Too hard for you? I mean, what? How is it possible that YOU didn't like the new NG? NG2 is pretty much the same game as the original so I don't count it...but NG was pure epic godliness

(edited)

It wasn't too hard, I just found the story cutscenes boring - while there were a few neat action scenes, watching dialogue between any of the characters reminded me of the Matrix. The voice actors try so hard to make their characters sound cool, they forgot to make them sound authentic. It's a great game standing alone, which is why I played it, but I felt it didn't capture the heart of the original game at all. The originals, to me, came off as a light-hearted drama first, set in an action setting with a fast paced techno soundtrack. The new ones are "bad-to-the-bone" action flicks with a Japanese motif. To me, they're polar opposites and Itagaki is literally the reason for it, as he stated in many interviews.

The first line is meant to be humourous, as I said, it doesn't REALLY bother me, but I'm hoping with him gone, they can take the series in a better direction.

The very first Ninja Gaiden (with the other two not far behind) is not in my top ten only because its such an old game now. I used to play it over and over again when I first got it (and I only beat it about twice).

@Boiler: If you want a good action game, you should get it. It is very hard, though, but skilled players shouldn't have much trouble.

@Voodoo: Surprisingly, I didn't mind that one because that was the purpose of the game. Well...except to play volleyball, I suppose...

Edited by Saris