Mac user frustration

ThruX

Speaking of "Mac user frustration," I thought my iPod died the other day since it was not turning on, nor recharging when connected to my computer. Turns out, it somehow drained itself of all of its battery over one night's period, even thought I know for a fact I turned it off.... After getting to the point that I was about to reformat the hard drive to get it to work again, a dim light randomly came on and read "low power" on day 2 of it being "broken." Somehow it doesn't have enough energy to turn on or even recharge on my computer the day before, but now all of a sudden it says low power? So, I was able to recharge it somehow after that message came up. Freaking Apple annoys me.

The only thing I did differently that would have made my iPod do this was I turned it off the same SECOND that the message disappeared that says "OK To Disconnect" after charging it from my computer. So, somehow this made it drain all of it's battery?

Um...have you tried taking it into an Apple store? Last time my ipod wigged out on me I took it in and got a new (refurb) one in 10 minutes no hassle.

I lost my ipod this week...I don't think they'll replace that one though.

:(

Speaking of "Mac user frustration," I thought my iPod died the other day since it was not turning on, nor recharging when connected to my computer. Turns out, it somehow drained itself of all of its battery over one night's period, even thought I know for a fact I turned it off.... After getting to the point that I was about to reformat the hard drive to get it to work again, a dim light randomly came on and read "low power" on day 2 of it being "broken." Somehow it doesn't have enough energy to turn on or even recharge on my computer the day before, but now all of a sudden it says low power? So, I was able to recharge it somehow after that message came up. Freaking Apple annoys me.

The only thing I did differently that would have made my iPod do this was I turned it off the same SECOND that the message disappeared that says "OK To Disconnect" after charging it from my computer. So, somehow this made it drain all of it's battery?

How old is the ipod? Maybe it need a new battery.

I have 2 ipods and the oldest one is 4 years old and the battery will last about 3 hours.. If I don't use it for months, it will not take a charge with the computer usb port. I have to charge with an external power (the one that used to come with ipods) to "jump start" it. After that, it works normally until it's so drained that I have to do the same thing.

I could change the battery, but why bother. I have it plugged in to my garage ihome player and it's ok for that.

I had got a used Ipod nano. Used it for about 5-6months then after turning it off after using it for a few hours come back the next day for the battery to be dead. So I sold it to some sucker and now I am apple free once again! :)

How old is the ipod? Maybe it need a new battery.

About 7 months old. It was a Christmas present. I would have never bought it on my own because I know how unreliable iPods have been in the past. Oh well, its working again.....for now.