New Comp Build Problems?

Squire

Hey guys I just got finished putting everything together on my build. However things don't look quite right to me. It could just be me though not sure. I ran CPU-Z and things look a little funny. Here are the specs on my comp.

Intel E8400 3.0 GHZ Not Overclocked

ASUS P5Q MB

4 Gig OCZ Ram DDR2 1066mhz

ATI HD4870

The only thing that I did change was the Ram. The voltages were too low and the timing wasnt quite right because the MB set it to default.

Its was set to 800 I changed it to 1066

Timing was 5-5-5-15 I made it 5-5-5-18

Voltage was 1.80 I changed it to 2.1v

By the looks of CPU-Z its making it look like my processor is underclocked and on the one tab its showing my RAM as DDR3. I know for a fact its not DDR3, my board doesnt even support it. Heres some shots of it. I hope someone can help =/

cache.jpg

cpu-2003.jpg

mainboard.jpg

memory-2003.jpg

spd-1.jpg

his bios is detecting the cpu just fine. it's running at 2ghz cause you have speedstep turned on. leave that program open and start up something which requires cpu. you'll see it go up to it's proper speed. as for the ram showing ddr3. my p45 board does the same thing. same with how yours says pc2 6400 on that other tab. mine is the same there too.

Ya I updated the the bios and still no luck. Ill give that a shot with opening a program. Is it worth it to turn the speedstepper off? Or should I just leave it go. It must be Something to conserve power thats config'd in the bios?

(edited)

ya but why would you want to? unless you're gonna oc, leave it turned on and help the environment some. don't worry, your cpu will be there when you need it.

Edited by Cujo