Calling all Catholics

Chief

Required Documents

The following documents are required by the church before the wedding is held:

1. Baptismal certificate of both the bride and groom.

2. Witness form for both bride and groom, to be filled out by either the couple's parents or close friends. These people give testimony with regard to the maturity and freedom of the couple.

3. Pre-Nuptial Declaration (for mixed marriages). This declaration states that the Catholic will practice his/her faith after marriage and will raise the children Catholic.

Then you both have to attend pre-canna classes with the priest.

other stuff....

If only one of you is a Catholic, the parish priest will consider whether to apply for a Dispensation to Marry. This is a permit issued by the Catholic Church giving permission for a Catholic to marry someone who is not. The priest applies for this permit once he has spoken to both of you, often at length, to make sure that you are aware of the Catholic Church's attitudes towards marriage - that the Catholic partner understands the obligations they will undertake, and that you are both fully aware of the problems that can arise in mixed-faith marriages, such as the faith of any subsequent children.

It is important to note that a priest cannot refuse to give dispensation to marry if he is not happy about the motives of the couple; he has to ask his bishop to make the final decision.

if you are of mixed faith, their might be other things the priest has you do.

Welp, thanks for the info. I'm, I think, going to end up a full-on Catholic though. No dispensation for Chief. I'm going to have to do the baptism, confirmation and all. But we're not even engaged, I'm just looking into it before I end up in front of a priest.

Know anything about that process, Mini?

Chief

Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guest Exe.Hallucination
Guests

Chief they also teach you how to recieve communion. I learned it in second grade.

Chief Posted on Mar 31 2003, 10:09 AM

My special lady friend wants a Catholic wedding, so what am I going to need to do?

Well, for starters, make sure she is more than your "special friend". And if you would like my personal advise...RUUUUUNNNN!!!!!

RRRRUUUUUNNNN TOOOO TTHHHHEEEEE HHHHIIIIIIIILLLLS!!!!!!!

RRRUUUUNNNN FFFOOOOOORRR YYOOUUUUUURRR LLLIIIIIIIIFFFEEEE!!!!!

:lol::blink::ph34r:

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

wouldn't it be easier just to go to vegas? ;p