Heading to teh cities this weekend

Bush

Any of you that live in the cities and know of a good Big Ten sports bar let me know where it is. I'm staying by the target center and don't want to miss the Michigan State game. So if you know of any good sports bars in the area let me know.

Thanks in advance..

Bush

i'm moving this to chit-chat, maybe bewildered or farmerisme will have some ideas. i don't get out much.

btw, the big10 network is carrying the minnesota game. the state game is on espn, which i'm assuming most sports bars would have on. i'm not allowed to get out much, but maybe try these:

http://twincities.citysearch.com/bestof/winners/sports_bar

http://www.citypages.com/bestof/2008/award...e-teams-443552/

Dude, you talking just anywhere in Detroit or are you gonna narrow it down to a ~20 mile radius?

The cities = Mineapolis/St. Paul. Mn slang, it's easier to say "the cities" than Mineapolis/St. Paul.

Are you looking for something right downtown near the target center or are you going to be partially mobile?

There is a champps downtown which is a decent place to watch a game (advantage their food is crazy good, try the club sandwich)... don't really remember where but its within a few blocks of the target center on 1st ave. There is a place called Macks or something like that NE minneapolis as well that is good. Big10 bar has two locations, one downtown off washington ave and one on the Uminn campus (forget where), both of which are ok choices.

Outside downtown, Joe Sencers is good for a game, but its all the way to 494... north of the cities there are a couple of buffalo wild wings, which I have a weakness for.

Be aware that all of these places will probably show the game, if it is on at the same time as Minny is playing you will probably not be the showcase game on.

Are you looking for something right downtown near the target center or are you going to be partially mobile?

There is a champps downtown which is a decent place to watch a game (advantage their food is crazy good, try the club sandwich)... don't really remember where but its within a few blocks of the target center on 1st ave. There is a place called Macks or something like that NE minneapolis as well that is good. Big10 bar has two locations, one downtown off washington ave and one on the Uminn campus (forget where), both of which are ok choices.

Outside downtown, Joe Sencers is good for a game, but its all the way to 494... north of the cities there are a couple of buffalo wild wings, which I have a weakness for.

Be aware that all of these places will probably show the game, if it is on at the same time as Minny is playing you will probably not be the showcase game on.

Thanks Farmer, good info.

DO NOT go to the Washington street location. I just went there last month and a cockroach decided to visit me while I was writing the check...

Good food, but if there's cockroaches in the dining area, then there's gotta be some in the cooking area.

DO NOT go to the Washington street location. I just went there last month and a cockroach decided to visit me while I was writing the check...

Good food, but if there's cockroaches in the dining area, then there's gotta be some in the cooking area.

ahh that sounds disgusting.. I'd never eat there again.

ahh that sounds disgusting.. I'd never eat there again.

The food was good enough that i will go to big ten again. But I will not go back to that location.