My computer has finally had it.

jb55

Well after about a near month of weird error messages and crashes, my computer has finally had it. I recently restarted my computer because M$ Word would crash when I tried opening it (happend to most of the programs on my computer so far). So when i'm at the log on screen I type in my password and click "ok" and it just sits there and does nothing. I've tried starting in safe mode, but it doesnt help, because there is still the login screen in safe mode. I just cant log in! It looks like im going to have to format... again! :(

Hmmm I just checked out one of my memory slots and it was crammed full of dust... := would that cause "memory corruption" problems and stuff that I have been having..?

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests
lol!

Still does it...

When I try to install Counter-Strike it says:

"I/O Error" blah blah blah

:(

I have gotten "I/O error" before while installing CS on this machine. I never knew what was cuasing it. Luckily I have a laptop and it installs fine on that and just copied the folder over. If anyone can help me out on that stupid error while installing CS plz let me know.

I found a couple of links doing a Google-search that shows that this error seems to be fairly common (although I have installed HL/CS quite a number of times and have never seen the error). The suggested "solutions" were to do one of the following.

1) Keep hitting retry and eventually it should finally finish...maybe

2) If you have the hard drive space, copy the whole CD over to your computer and install it from there

3) If you bought the game (i.e., didn't warez it), try returning it to the store for a new one.

Here are the best 2 links I found.

http://www.newbie.org/help/messages/1110.html (First CS reference is about 1/3 of the way down)

http://csforever.daygamer.com/csinfo.php?page=faq (3rd question listed)

This was happening with my second PC just yesterday, sorta. I run XP, and it would load up, I'd see my background, but nothing else. I could browse it with my other PC, so I knew it was sorta there. One thing I could do, however, was ctl-alt-del. Now, depending on your OS, this might make a difference. I found what was making it hang and got it worked out.

hrm..it seems like everyone has the solution to jb's problem with this and that, but did anyone take into consideration that he has had ALOT of problems whether it be video is messing up, windows wont boot, Wont let him install windows, I/O error when installing programs.....If you was here when he first posted, He said I got a new motherboard and my vid messed up. Then he just kept saying that theres a prob here and there. This cant be a simple problem to fix, The problem started when he got a new motherboard, so therefore What else could the solution be?? It has to be the mobo. Unless....He did not read the manual and is using some hardware that isnt compatible(nowadays, that rarely happens, unless he put PC133 ram in a DDR slot, hahaha). Its just wasting everyone time reading about all the problems he is having because of a bad motherboard.

Yeah, I wasnt really asking to fix my whole problem, just to see if someone knew how to fix the log on thing so I wouldnt have to format. but it doesnt matter any more because I already did. I know it's the mobo, but my dad is too lazy to drive back and get another one (that basturd)

Ha! It was a bad stick of RAM all along!

Well thanks for all the help, I think Gond was the one who said to try removing all the sticks and moving them around. I didn't really get around to it though, until now :rolleyes:

Thx Gond :D