Saints Row 2

TheFirstMonk

Has anyone played this game yet? It's not really gc material in terms of being "clean," but I was wondering if anyone tried it out. There's supposed to be a PC version coming in a couple of weeks, but the console versions should be out already. I'm (possibly) waiting for the PC version.

I've read mixed reviews, mostly positive but with some hangups. Supposedly the game has some graphical glitches and has crashed sometimes for reviewers. On the other hand, it's open ended and has some crazy stuff for the player to do. Some people compare it to GTA, but I haven't played the GTA series, so that doesn't really matter to me.

Any thoughts? :shrug03:

Haven't played it myself but from talking to some of the guys who run the local game store (independent) round the corner from my place they say it's just another GTA clone with some fantastic moments but nothing ground breaking.

Good rental, alright buy if you love these kinds of games. I bought Dead Space instead.

I didn't play the first Saints Row and passed on this one as well. I like GTA, and GTA4 scratches my sandbox itch more than enough. Some people swear by Saints Row as being better than GTA, but more prefer GTA. I would suggest getting GTA4 over Saints Row 2 if you don't have it and want a "sandbox" type game. As for me, there are too many other great (and better imo) games coming out now or in the near future. I also chose Dead Space over this, and am very glad I did :)

After Fallout 3 and Gears 2, I'm going to have to take a break from buying new games (especially since Fallout alone will consume an obscene number of my gaming hours)

Thanks for the replies. I heard about Dead Space too, but I've read the PC controls might be hard to maneuver...

http://whatifgaming.com/dead-space-pc-vers...ot-fluid-enough

Hopefully, it's not as bad as the article says it is. If the controls are that bad, I'd have to find out if I can adjust to them before buying.

Still not sure about GTA4 or Saints Row 2. I'm leaning towards Saints Row, but we'll see. :unsure:

Not sure if you have a 360 but the wired controllers will work on any Windows OS and you can get a dongle for the wireless ones for $20. Works amazingly (best PC controller I've ever owned) so I would imagine it would make Dead Space much easier to play

<scans crowd for dweezil>

Not sure if you have a 360 but the wired controllers will work on any Windows OS and you can get a dongle for the wireless ones for $20. Works amazingly (best PC controller I've ever owned) so I would imagine it would make Dead Space much easier to play

hmm... I wonder if my play-and-charge adapter would work for my wireless controller on my laptop...

hmm... I wonder if my play-and-charge adapter would work for my wireless controller on my laptop...

As far as I've seen the answer is no, the play and charge only allows power through, no data. NO DATA, WE ARE NOT TAKING YOU WITH US TO THE SURFACE! YOUR EMOTION CHIP IS MALFUNCTIONING AND YOU'RE KIND OF ANNOYING!

/random startrek insert

As far as I've seen the answer is no, the play and charge only allows power through, no data. NO DATA, WE ARE NOT TAKING YOU WITH US TO THE SURFACE! YOUR EMOTION CHIP IS MALFUNCTIONING AND YOU'RE KIND OF ANNOYING!

/random startrek insert

Whoa! My nerdometer just had a massive spike.... :D

I'm not surprised about the power-only thing. Oh well, if I get desperate for my 360 controller on my computer I can buy the dongle thingy.